812px-2016_Summer_Olympics_logo.svg.png

holy crap what a day
Ritchie Porte crashes in road race after a disaster Le Tour
The swimmers were magnificent
But the news I keep watching
1459716_1280x720.jpg

poor bugger

Ch7 are messin it up already. Egs

Watched the first couple of hrs of the Mens Cycling Road Race last night before hitting Record button, get up and watch the replay of the next 2hrs when with 2hrs still to go the presenter says I need to switch to 7MATE - bit hard when you are watching a recording because you are crazy enough to believe in sleep between 1am and 6am.

Tonight I have to call on all technology to Record ALL THREE 7 stations as they cannot tell me which station the Womens cycling will be on - even rang them and they said "Sorry but we don't know which yet" or words to that effect. We are talking early hours of the morning and we know such an event/race is never going to be replayed in its entirety later (even if an Aussie won) so you would think they could have a rough plan/program to help us

LOL I recorded ALL 3 channels last night and this morning found the womens road race recorded on 7 mate but an hour into playback they told me to turn to the 7 App! I GIVE UP
Ch 7 are a disgrace

I've lost interest in the Olympic Games. It just doesn't excite me like it used to when I was younger. I'm getting by listening to Rampaging Roy Slaven and H G Nelson on the radio. At least I can laugh as they cover all aspects of the Games from the pool deck of the Murray Rose Pool. They are referring to Rio as 'The Big Stink'.

I'm finding that I am liking other sports which I couldn't give a toss about when I was younger. Also the time difference doesn't help and I can't stand watching replays.

So Hammer asks Bruce if he could choose having the career of Michael Phelps or Usain Bolt, which one would he choose. Bruce compares it to Sophie's choice and picks Bolt.
Don't think he's seen the movie. FMD.

Rio will go down as one of the most corrupt Olympics in history. From the Irish boxer getting robbed against the Russian to the inexcusable officiating in the men's bronze medal basketball game. It overshadows most of the accomplishments aside from Phelps and Bolt.

Rio will go down as one of the most corrupt Olympics in history. From the Irish boxer getting robbed against the Russian to the inexcusable officiating in the men's bronze medal basketball game. It overshadows most of the accomplishments aside from Phelps and Bolt.
The Boomers lost that game with poor play, poor execution and stupid errors. Poor movement poor turnovers poor rotations poor fouls...to blame the ref for 1 call when we blew so many plays is ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

C7 management to Emily Angwin.

- Hey Em. Carlton didn't make finals. Want to go to the Paralympics?

Speaking of the paralympics, I encourage everyone to watch this.

It's the ad for the paralympics from the British broadcaster and it is spectacular.

I would hate to be referred to as superhuman in that context. Bad as "courageous".

Yeah, I'm not sold on the tagline either but to be fair there are feats and skills being displayed in the video that aren't just 'as good' as an able bodied person, but better than most people are capable of.

I much preferred the music theme / message of 'yes I can' and 'I can do anything' . Thought the video showed a good mix of athletic prowess and every day accomplishments, so it makes you think about disabilities in general, not just in isolation for the Olympics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back