Rio Olympics Tennis thread

Remove this Banner Ad

• Caroline Garcia and Nicolas Mahut (FRA)
  • Kristina Mladenovic and Pierre-Hugues Herbert (FRA)
  • Garbine Muguruza and Rafael Nadal (ESP)
  • Sania Mirza and Rohan Bopanna (IND)
  • Johanna Konta and Jamie Murray (GBR)
  • Carla Suarez Navarro and David Ferrer (ESP)
  • Venus Williams and Rajeev Ram (USA)
  • Monica Niculescu and Florin Mergea (ROU)
  • Agnieszka Radwanska and Lukasz Kubot (POL)
  • Bethanie Mattek-Sands and Jack Sock (USA)
  • Samantha Stosur and John Peers (AUS)
  • Kiki Bertens and Jean-Julien Rojer (NED)
  • Lucie Hradecka and Radek Stepanek (CZE)
  • Irina-Camela Begu and Horia Tecau (ROU)
  • Roberta Vinci and Fabio Fognini (ITA)
  • Teliana Pereira and Marcelo Melo (BRA)

Mixed teams. Sam with Peers. Draw is out as well, and they play Sania Mirza and Rohan Bopanna first round.

tough to know who is going to win. Nadal is very committed. would love Aga to win. The French and the BMS/Sock teams look good. my tips. darky, the Italians.

Grrrr :mad: Really wanted to watch the mixed dubs but 7 aren't showing it. Do we really need Sunrise when we have so much live sport going on?

Edit: Too late now anyway, Peers and Stosur have lost in straight sets :thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys I had an incredible day at the tennis. To see Nadal win a gold medal is something I won't forget

You in Rio? Hope you're enjoying it, the crowds there haven't been full but the atmosphere has still seemed strong.

Nadal carried Lopez in that final, the guy is incredible.

You in Rio? Hope you're enjoying it, the crowds there haven't been full but the atmosphere has still seemed strong.

Nadal carried Lopez in that final, the guy is incredible.
I'm having a brilliant time here the vibe in rio is incredible. Not wrong about the crowds, but whenever a Brazilian is involved it's a Full house, it's just that I know now thatbrazilians turn up late and unless it's a famous team or athlete involved, they won't show up. At the Nadal vs bellucci match yesterday it was 100% full, then 60% left for the women's semi.

Nadal was incredible I agree, a very competent doubles player, but I do feel for tecau who played a brilliant match.

Hingis and Bacsinszky into the final as well. Will be Hingis first Olympic medal of her career.

And of the Nadal belucci match, the atmosphere was intense. Tougher conditions than a Davis cup away tie for Nadal. Crowd weren't the usual tennis watchers. I enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Mens SF

Murray puts the beatdown on Nishikori in a one sided 6-1 6-4 comfortable match then Del Potro downs Nadal in an absolute epic 3hr 15 minute match that ended 5-7 6-4 7-6(7-5 in the breaker).

Final is best of 5 sets, you have Murray who had an easier match and played first against Del Potro who was on after him and played double the time, going to be tough for Del Potro to win over 5 sets but we'll see.

Incredible tennis from Puig. That final set was amazing from her. Kerber was really dirty. Must have expected to walk it in.
Just following the live scores but it's what I love about olympic tennis. It throes up some crazy results, remember when nicholas massu og chile won the sigles and doubles? puig gives Puerto Rico their first ever gold medal. Incredible.

Now for del porto and hingis to win gold to make this olympic tennis tournament the stuff of fairytale.

Incredible tennis from Puig. That final set was amazing from her. Kerber was really dirty. Must have expected to walk it in.

I think she was getting annoyed at the crowd more than anything who kept yelling out mid point.

Sensational tennis by Puig, very tenacious at the end there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back