Injury Rioli & Bolton involved in nightclub incident. Shai broken wrist, 2 to 3 weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus Christ , Jake niall now. Can someone remind this idiot that players are allowed to live their lives as long as they don't break the law. What's with these media maggots trying to find something sinister when it's just a case of a mate protecting his mate and gf.

"That said, the club could have adopted the same philosophy of “strict liability” that the AFL enforces for players who choose to bump - even if they didn’t collect the player high, they are suspended if the victim is concussed or injured. In this scenario, Richmond would say to Bolton and Rioli: “You’ve chosen to be out late, in a nightspot with alcohol in abundance, even though you weren’t pissed. Trouble has found you, and you’re liable for putting yourselves in harm’s way. So we’re fining/suspending you/putting you on notice and demanding an apology.″

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair, the punishment was over inflated because there had been so many transgressions in the hubs.

The guys weren't punished for fighting, but for being out drinking when they were meant to be isolating. THe media tried to make it more about the fight, but the clear narrative was they would have been sent home and suspended when it came to light they had left the hub for a night of partying. It just came to light sooner as they were arrested and the media got a tip off.
Na at the time of the incident players were allowed out to restaurants or outside in general. They didn't have to isolate. The only mistake they made was going to a strip club which was a venue they weren't allowed to go to. Unfortunately if our club just punished them fairly for going to the rippers there will media crying like for Bachar when he only got two weeks. Everyone out there is against us mate. Just hoping we continue to use it as fuel

They believe these welfare officers will be able to educate the players so they walk away and not react. Just like his poor use of examples, we know in the real world this won't happen.

The tweet isn't racist.
So the indigenous boys need special welfare officers to tell them not to punch on because they aren't able to understand the guidance that the rest of the club staff give to the non indigenous players? You're right that's definitely not a racist take

Na at the time of the incident players were allowed out to restaurants or outside in general. They didn't have to isolate. The only mistake they made was going to a strip club which was a venue they weren't allowed to go to. Unfortunately if our club just punished them fairly for going to the rippers there will media crying like for Bachar when he only got two weeks. Everyone out there is against us mate. Just hoping we continue to use it as fuel
Poor use of isolating by me, the hub was a bubble, they were only allowed to get take aways from restaurants or cafes and could only shop for essentials outside of major shopping centers. Families could go to the beach to exercise, but not sunbake. Theme parks and all other tourist hot spots from memory were also off limit. Jack Riewoldt when interviewed on AFL360 had a few by the fire pit they had and mentioned the group had spent a lot of time there if a night and playing golf as they weren't allowed to do much else.

So frustrating feeling like everyone is against us, especially when you have Collingwood with trangressions swept under hte carpet or played down as there former president has too much pull in the media.

My partner would prefer the father of her child not get in a punch on over dickheads.

Only dickheads want to punch on over anything

If you are dealing with a dickhead, then the last thing you want to do is play to their strengths.
Think your getting confused between a dickhead & a sexual predator.
Rioli's actions as far as I'm concerned and being a father and grandfather of 3 girls myself is to be commended not condoned by the likes of you.

Imagine if Pickett was there. From what I've read in his fantastic book he knows how to handle himself with dumb a..... clowns. He would have stepped in and scared the s.... out of the campaigner that had a crack on Rioli's gf. Not that I am encouraging violence but some people in society need to be put in their place. Just sayin it as I see it fellas.

Last edited:
Imagine if Pickett was there. From what I've read in his fantastic book he knows how to handle himself with dumb a..... clowns. He would have stepped in and scared the s.... out of the campaigner that had a crack on Rioli's gf. Not that I am encouraging violence but some people in society need to be put in their place. Just sayin fellas.

True - but Marlion also knows as well as anyone how that approach gets you nowhere in life - thats why his story is co compelling

Browne is amateur reporter.Sad thing is how the media have forgot the point that Rioli's partner was spoken to badly and inappropriately touched that's the main issue isn't here ? yet you got Browne and the rest focusing on players who protected his partner and the other is mate.Buch of clowns the media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Browne is amateur reporter.Sad thing is how the media have forgot the point that Rioli's partner was spoken to badly and inappropriately touched that's the main issue isn't here ? yet you got Browne and the rest focusing on players who protected his partner and the other is mate.Buch of clowns the media.

The biggest thing "some" are missing is that Shai and Rioli maybe could not disengage safely. You have idiots out that will force an incident so one of there mates in the background can record it on there phone and then sell it to the media. It's a huge issue and getting worse. I am salty the players did not press charges. I know they want to move on and try to get this dead and buried but till players stand up to it, it will continue

Without knowing much about all the events but even just at first glance it’s well known Stengle and Stack “issues” both involved non indigenous players as well

Such a bullshit attempt at spin to turn them into indigenous issues
No mention of Jon "Little General" Patton, someone with serious issues.

Poor use of isolating by me, the hub was a bubble, they were only allowed to get take aways from restaurants or cafes and could only shop for essentials outside of major shopping centers. Families could go to the beach to exercise, but not sunbake. Theme parks and all other tourist hot spots from memory were also off limit. Jack Riewoldt when interviewed on AFL360 had a few by the fire pit they had and mentioned the group had spent a lot of time there if a night and playing golf as they weren't allowed to do much else.

So frustrating feeling like everyone is against us, especially when you have Collingwood with trangressions swept under hte carpet or played down as there former president has too much pull in the media.
Yep. So if those two boys went and got take away kebabs and returned , no issue. The issue was going to the rippers.

But the media focused on the fight. When it was clear as day our boys got attacked by a thug and Sydney was helping coleman Jones.

It really is us against everyone else but that's how we like it.

The biggest thing "some" are missing is that Shai and Rioli maybe could not disengage safely. You have idiots out that will force an incident so one of there mates in the background can record it on there phone and then sell it to the media. It's a huge issue and getting worse. I am salty the players did not press charges. I know they want to move on and try to get this dead and buried but till players stand up to it, it will continue

Sounds far fetched perhaps but hired security may need to be the thing moving forward for high status players in public venues

A few other clubs breached the covid rules but I think they only had one breach each. So all the fines were suspended. Oops Pies had Sidebottom & Buckley & Asst coach tennis breach.

Last edited:
scaphoid is nasty so doubt it, hopefully a little crack mid wrist and 6 weeks to heal but play with a brace after 3
I broke my scaphoid, coincidentally the same time as Craig Starcevich. We both broke it playing footy. It is a poxy bone.
‘Craig had his wrist operated on straight away and had a pin inserted. Healed in two weeks.
Me, in an out of a cast for 3 months…didn’t heal (not helped by removing cast each Friday to play on Saturday). Eventually had a pin inserted and then was in a cast for nine long months. Finally healed but the arthritis at times is killer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back