Injury Rioli & Bolton involved in nightclub incident. Shai broken wrist, 2 to 3 weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Same thing they got forced to cough up the cash.
At least donations are tax deductible and the cash is going to a decent cause instead of the pockets of the AFL

Richmond – in conjunction with the AFL – has completed its investigation into a recent nightclub incident involving Daniel Rioli and Shai Bolton.

Rioli has been cleared of any wrongdoing but the investigation found Bolton had exacerbated the situation through his actions.

Bolton acknowledged his decision to become involved in the altercation was the wrong choice and that violence was never the right response.

“I’ve thought about what happened recently and what could have happened as a result of my actions,” Bolton said.

“When I saw what happened to Daniel I acted on instinct. I now know that my instincts were wrong and that my actions could have led to a far more serious outcome.

“I want to say publicly that I made the wrong choice, and I am sorry for getting involved in the manner that I did.

“The right choice is to walk away from trouble or for me to do whatever I could to stop what was happening and not do something that could make it worse.

“Violence is never OK no matter the circumstances, and I want to share that message with everyone. The right choice is to walk away.”

Richmond CEO Brendon Gale reiterated the view the Club does not condone violence in any form.

“We encourage our players to do everything possible to de-escalate these situations and to walk away, regardless of the circumstances,” Gale said.

“Getting involved in any altercation is not okay and that is a message we will reiterate to our players.

“These can be highly volatile situations and Shai has acknowledged his mistake. We all need to learn from it.”

Richmond and Bolton will be making a donation of $20,000 to Tomorrow Man which works with boys and men to develop healthy masculinity.

The Club now considers the matter closed.
our wonderful club have forced Shai to eat a s**t sandwich.
Don't be surprised if this episode bubbles to the surface at season end when the clubs come sniffing around.

our wonderful club have forced Shai to eat a sh*t sandwich.
Don't be surprised if this episode bubbles to the surface at season end when the clubs come sniffing around.
This isn’t from the club this is clearly from the AFL
Reading between the lines It even looks like the club will be footing most of the bill

“Richmond and Bolton will be making a donation of $20,000 to Tomorrow Man which works with boys and men to develop healthy masculinity.”

This isn’t from the club this is clearly from the AFL
Reading between the lines It even looks like the club will be footing most of the bill

“Richmond and Bolton will be making a donation of $20,000 to Tomorrow Man which works with boys and men to develop healthy masculinity.”

I have never heard of that organisation

AFL is beyond stuffed.
Will happily take alcohol and gambling sponsorship money and ram it down our throats but we can’t have people standing up for mates
It’s not a good look socially

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like its trying to squash outdated stereotypes about manliness which is fair enough. Doesn’t discourage sticking up for mates though :think:

Peggy and Gale are weak as piss. I'm sick of their holy trinity BS.
I think the club was actually really good on this. Did their investigations and decided (rightfully) that the boys did nothing wrong and came out publicly saying that.

It's only when the AFL got involved and seemed intent on finding someone to blame that things turned.

Fmd are they for real? Make Bolton apologise
For defending a mate that was being punched
And pay a 20 k fine, ok Gill you gimp are you gonna walk.away if you're wife is getting her head caved in? In what planet is it OK for you to just walk away from , a friend, family, dog whatever
Being attacked? Yep the AFL are on another planet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back