Status
Not open for further replies.

wallyt99

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2007
Bay 13
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Rioli sprent two months in the offseason in the Tiwi islands due to family reasons.

It's pretty clear his preseason was not great based on games early in the season.

Now he has an injury.

I don't blame him for taking time off... But should he have even been playing in the first two rounds?

Rioli sprent two months in the offseason in the Tiwi islands due to family reasons.

It's pretty clear his preseason was not great based on games early in the season.

Now he has an injury.

I don't blame him for taking time off... But should he have even been playing in the first two rounds?

Ridiculous post, it was a contact injury.

Now he has an injury.

he's got a knee strain from losing his footing in the wet, it's not a soft tissue/fitness type issue, it's like saying Burton didn't have a great JLT shouldn't have played him against the Pies so he didn't roll his anke

he's got a knee strain from losing his footing in the wet, it's not a soft tissue/fitness type issue, it's like saying Burton didn't have a great JLT shouldn't have played him against the Pies so he didn't roll his anke

Players lose there footing or place pressure on knees 100s of times a game. Usually knees go when the muscles around the ligament are fatigued and hence don't take the load.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll take a cautious approach with Cyril id say, even if no surgery is required which is often the case I'd assume he'll be out for 4-6 as a minimum.

Grade 2 medial according to MMM via the HFC medicos ... if that means anything to anyone. Partial tear ... 6 to 8 weeks perhaps.
I'd imagine it means a guess without a scan

Grade 2 medial according to MMM via the HFC medicos ... if that means anything to anyone. Partial tear ... 6 to 8 weeks perhaps.

Grade 2 does mean partial tear and is always a hot topic as to whether you operate.. not the best news

Grade 1 = stretched but not torn
Grade 2 = internal tearing (minimum 3 weeks I’d have thought)
Grade 3 = complete rupture requiring surgery

If the report is accurate I reckon Cyril will miss a minimum 3 weeks (though I wouldn’t be surprised to see him subsequently go through another mini preseason upon recovery given his interrupted preparation) but he wouldn’t need surgery.

Now he has an injury.

Wagering heavily that Andrew Russell was in a better position to judge Rioli’s readiness to play than you were.

Now he has an injury.

Puopolo did a hammy.
Should he have taken time off over offseason to avoid injury?

Stupid is as stupid does, Forrest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back