Rioli injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also a couple of people expressed concern that Cyril had shut down his twitter and instagram accounts assuming this pointed to cutting ties with the club or some falling out or something. The main reason people shut down their social media is abuse. Sad but true.
There was some twit on Facebook commenting(trolling) that Cyril spat the dummy due to Hawthorn denying him to play in Silks 350th game. So that’s the sort of crap going around as well.

I’m not really expecting Cyril to return. If he does, that would be great, but it’s not my expectation.

As it stands he’s had a great career with us and has given us everything you could’ve hoped for when he first landed at the club.

If his family life now needs his attention and is his priority, so be it.

Go well, Cyril.

Yeah let's free up that 700k and put it towards trying to have a big off season in terms of landing key players, last think we need is Cyril hanging around and having another 3-4 game season.
This is the unfortunate silver lining.

For example his contract could be given to a FA.

Yeah let's free up that 700k and put it towards trying to have a big off season in terms of landing key players, last think we need is Cyril hanging around and having another 3-4 game season.

Never any guarantees with who you land just ask the Dees

The ratio of games missed to injury to games played in recent seasons could be the deciding factor for Cyril.

He loves playing footy, that much is clear. But it's no fun being on the sidelines and away from the group in rehab for months at a time. He's won 4 flags and a Norm Smith medal so it's not like he's left wanting in his career.

If it weren't for the injuries I think the fact he'd ordinarily be out there playing with his mates would be a huge pull for sticking it out a bit longer. With the injuries denying him that I think he might just call it curtains on AFL footy. Removing that stress from his life so he can focus on family and whatever issue has drawn him back home this time around.

If he come backs then fantastic, but if not I think it's completely understandable, and we should be really happy for him on what has been an amazing career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whispers coming from someone i trust (old timer who doesn't talk smack) > his boss (who's a mad hawthorn supporter but i don't know personally) > a Rioli they work with. Whether it's true or not, i don't know, figured someone who has more of an idea about the club may have heard whispers about the apartment being cleared or anything.

I have heard whispers that Cyril has pretty much cleaned out his apartment in Melbourne. Anybody happen to know if thats true or heard anything about?

Not sure, but I don't think he returned for the 2008 reunion did he, which is pretty compelling... :(

Not sure, but I don't think he returned for the 2008 reunion did he, which is pretty compelling... :(

Yeah thats true. Oh well. Pre-season usually starts in July-August, will be interesting if we see Cyril in the green and gold! He has a lot of love for that club. Honestly think it will be us or St Mary's he plays for though. Can't see him going anywhere else tbh. If he's back in Darwin/Tiwi, he's there specifically because of his ties to the land/family, so going to Brisbane or Perth wouldn't do any justice

I wouldn't call that compelling. He went back to Darwin during the week and from all reports it is a family related issue that has drawn him back. If it is family that is Cyril's priority right now - I don't see why anyone expected him to jet back to Melbourne for a day.

If it is curtains on Cyril’s AFL career than so be it, good luck little champ, you gave 10 sensational years.

Surely though we do not have to carry the balance of his contract on our salary cap a la Vickery?? Can someone please confirm

Whispers coming from someone i trust (old timer who doesn't talk smack) > his boss (who's a mad hawthorn supporter but i don't know personally) > a Rioli they work with. Whether it's true or not, i don't know, figured someone who has more of an idea about the club may have heard whispers about the apartment being cleared or anything.

Has anyone checked his letterbox - or inquired at the PO whether he's redirected his mail?

If it is curtains on Cyril’s AFL career than so be it, good luck little champ, you gave 10 sensational years.

Surely though we do not have to carry the balance of his contract on our salary cap a la Vickery?? Can someone please confirm

Nah wasn't a free agent and if Cyril walks away he is the one breaking the contract not us, so I'd assume that's his cap space freed up for 2019 & 2020.

I’m sure Cyril doesn’t live in a apartment.

If I earned footy player money I’d happily live in some of the nicer apartment complexes in the inner city. Backyards are overrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back