Rioli injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Expectation is one thing but ability to deliver is what counts. Last year losing the likes of Stratton Frawley Poppy Birchall Cyril with a combined 1000 or so games experience cannot be suddenly replaced with five players with a combined 100 or so games of experience such as Brand Burton Hardwick O’Brien ......and I wouldn’t for a second think that Clarko would expect this to occur. Agree that they will play there their part but cannot be expected to deliver to the same capacity. It’s not being negative, it’s reality.

It,s just time mate , it’s time, and it’s a fact, but you start with the best “starters” you can recruit.
We,re good at it , are we not?

All the other clubs go through it too. It’s not like we,re Father Christmas.

Can’t see him being risked against Port down in Tassie. 6 weeks is about right but with the bye in the 8th week of his recovery he will most likely miss 8 weeks in total and return against the Crows at the G.

on the bupa report Andrew Russell said he was starting to run and would be 2-3 weeks away (which would put him at 5-6 weeks out for the injury), but who knows?, he said Poppy would miss the sydney game and be back for the Brisbane game

so if true Poppy out for 4 weeks and Rioli out for 5-6 weeks, i think his injury is a 6 week minimum injury so back by round 11 port adel game or the bye weekend after it? i doubt he'll make round 10 WCE game...

Poppy back next week for Brisbane game
Rioli small chance for WCE round 10, good chance for Port round 11, very conservative chance for Adel round 13 after bye weekend

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A shame seeing a champion down.
It turns out our list is so strong, so full of champions, we didn't require his services. Due to, as I mentioned, our list being so strong.

Dons need to hit the gear again so spuds like Ricky Dyson can run up from back pocket and kick goals all day.

It turns out our list is so strong, so full of champions, we didn't require his services. Due to, as I mentioned, our list being so strong.
Next time you want to quote Jade into a thread

Don't

Essendon and the Saints are rabbles and North beat us. They are the 3 games since he hurt himself.

We need him and/or Puop back fast.
Poppy looks like next week, interesting to see if they bring him straight back in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back