List Mgmt. Rioli to Port Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pass on Frederick. We have enough dead wood on our list to chop over the next few years, no point adding another. The kid has been on a list for four years, can anyone honestly say he will improve on what he's already produced? Besides Port supporters will probably think they can stick us with this kid and a third for Junior or worse and a straight swap. No thanks.

Just take the Amon compo and move on.
no different to having petch on our list.

2 pacy potatoes

I acknowledge that Frederick has little to no trade value, but he's not a bad player at all, he just plays in by far our deepest position so he's been stuck down the depth chart. He's got excellent pace, decent composure and takes the game on, still young.

Our 3rd is too low by itself, and the Amon compo is too high by itself. If we had a pick in the mid to late 30s this would be easy. I expect a deal to get done given both clubs have shown themselves to be reasonable to trade with.

2 pacy potatoes
Leg speed is a great starting point, players able to use leg speed requires an additional set of capabilities. If this was not so Mr Bolt would have made it into the A League havieng trialed (Same principal)

We need good footballers with leg speed.

The problem is than you can enhance leg speed a little but it is an inate tribute. Some but not all capabilities required to be a good footballer can be developed but some are inate (uncoachable). Thats why we must draft the good ones.

I acknowledge that Frederick has little to no trade value, but he's not a bad player at all, he just plays in by far our deepest position so he's been stuck down the depth chart. He's got excellent pace, decent composure and takes the game on, still young.

Our 3rd is too low by itself, and the Amon compo is too high by itself. If we had a pick in the mid to late 30s this would be easy. I expect a deal to get done given both clubs have shown themselves to be reasonable to trade with.

How would a pick 35+ be fair trade for a player getting a 4 year contract? It makes no sense at all.

Keep Dreaming Season 2 GIF by The Chi

2 pacy potatoes
I know this opinion will be in the minority but i actually think Petruccelle has shown enough to be on a list.

He averages 1.3 goals a game and has shown he can kick a handful on more than one occasion.

Yes he goes missing in games and doesn't always use his speed to advantage but god knows how he is being instructed to play as well.

The biggest problem with Jack is his dodgy hammies. They rob him of any consistency and fitness, IF he could stay on the park like he did in 2019 i think he is very capable of being a 30+ goals a year small forward.

The biggest problem with Jack is his dodgy hammies. They rob him of any consistency and fitness,

This is also the reason why i'm not keen with Wardlaw with our first pick...

How would a pick 35+ be fair trade for a player getting a 4 year contract? It makes no sense at all.

There are lots of examples of players getting long, lucrative contracts for relatively low trade return. There are a lot of factors at play to determine fair value, the contract length is just one of them.

If we had pick 35 to give you I think the deal would probably be done.

Lets trade Willie Rioli to a club that is NOT his preference and see how he likes it, after he screwed the club over after all the support they gave him

There are lots of examples of players getting long, lucrative contracts for relatively low trade return. There are a lot of factors at play to determine fair value, the contract length is just one of them.

If we had pick 35 to give you I think the deal would probably be done.
If you had pick 15 to give us then I think the deal would probably be done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know this opinion will be in the minority but i actually think Petruccelle has shown enough to be on a list.

He averages 1.3 goals a game and has shown he can kick a handful on more than one occasion.

Yes he goes missing in games and doesn't always use his speed to advantage but god knows how he is being instructed to play as well.

The biggest problem with Jack is his dodgy hammies. They rob him of any consistency and fitness, IF he could stay on the park like he did in 2019 i think he is very capable of being a 30+ goals a year small forward.
This is what i find pretty frustrating. Seems to play 2-3 games then pings a hammy.

"But Hagdorn has accused Lyon – who was sacked by the Dockers in 2019 – of comments in poor taste.

Hagdorn believes Lyon ran a “dictatorship” in his eight years at Fremantle and went the other way to West Coast in not providing enough support to numerous players.

“Ross Lyon brought in Jesse Hogan, Shane Kersten, Cam McCarthy, Harley Bennell. Where was the network around them? They’re his products, and some of them are still suffering emotionally from their time under Ross Lyon’s administration,” Hagdorn told SEN WA’s Drive.

All four of those recruits would fail to display their best footy at Fremantle. Kersten was reported to have endured a broken relationship with Lyon, while Hogan would manage just two seasons at the club after costing Fremantle plenty in an original trade with Melbourne.

Meanwhile, McCarthy played 49 games for the club before retiring, while Bennell played just two for the club after both were high profile recruits.

“It’s about welfare, it’s about the network that Ross Lyon is accusing West Coast of not doing enough. Ross Lyon is there having plenty to say about (what) West Coast did or didn’t do for Willie Rioli, what did Fremantle do to get more out of Hogan, McCarthy, Kersten, Bennell? (I) can keep naming them,” Hagdorn continued.

“He makes the calls, particularly at Fremantle because he was such a dictator, a lot of other coaches with good football managers, good welfare managers, good list managers, they have a better co-operation, Fremantle didn’t have that, it was a dictatorship.”

"But Hagdorn has accused Lyon – who was sacked by the Dockers in 2019 – of comments in poor taste.

Hagdorn believes Lyon ran a “dictatorship” in his eight years at Fremantle and went the other way to West Coast in not providing enough support to numerous players.

“Ross Lyon brought in Jesse Hogan, Shane Kersten, Cam McCarthy, Harley Bennell. Where was the network around them? They’re his products, and some of them are still suffering emotionally from their time under Ross Lyon’s administration,” Hagdorn told SEN WA’s Drive.

All four of those recruits would fail to display their best footy at Fremantle. Kersten was reported to have endured a broken relationship with Lyon, while Hogan would manage just two seasons at the club after costing Fremantle plenty in an original trade with Melbourne.

Meanwhile, McCarthy played 49 games for the club before retiring, while Bennell played just two for the club after both were high profile recruits.

“It’s about welfare, it’s about the network that Ross Lyon is accusing West Coast of not doing enough. Ross Lyon is there having plenty to say about (what) West Coast did or didn’t do for Willie Rioli, what did Fremantle do to get more out of Hogan, McCarthy, Kersten, Bennell? (I) can keep naming them,” Hagdorn continued.

“He makes the calls, particularly at Fremantle because he was such a dictator, a lot of other coaches with good football managers, good welfare managers, good list managers, they have a better co-operation, Fremantle didn’t have that, it was a dictatorship.”

Lyon will reply to this by saying "I'm not going to bother giving this any credence by replying to it", and then proceed to reply to it.

This is also the reason why i'm not keen with Wardlaw with our first pick...
It's a fair point but afaik before this year he has shown no history of significant injury. It could very well be a case of being mismanaged and pushing himself too hard to get back and play games. You only get drafted once (usually) and he may have felt pressure to get back on the park to impress. I still think he's who we should take if available at 3.

It's a fair point but afaik before this year he has shown no history of significant injury. It could very well be a case of being mismanaged and pushing himself too hard to get back and play games. You only get drafted once (usually) and he may have felt pressure to get back on the park to impress. I still think he's who we should take if available at 3.

Did Petch have any hammy issues as a junior?

Did Petch have any hammy issues as a junior?

Again not that i know of but we are comparing a three year window of sustained hamstrings here to 3 months.

If every player drafted was under that level of scrutiny then the Judds and the Selwoods of the competition would never get picked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back