Rioli to the Midfield.

Mudguts12

All Australian
Jul 6, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
He'll have a run through the midfield in most games in 2019 as one of Simmo's 'levers to pull' in his game plan but will always be rotating from HFF as a pinch hitter imo to maximise his impact.

His physicality and impact in contests belies his size - almost Kerr like - and he has the right attributes for midfield; strength over the ball, evasive, smarts, and accurate split second disposal.

His beserker attack on the footy and man is an absolute treat to watch.

F*ck I can't wait to watch this side carve up next year!

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
He'll have a run through the midfield in most games in 2019 as one of Simmo's 'levers to pull' in his game plan but will always be rotating from HFF as a pinch hitter imo to maximise his impact.

His physicality and impact in contests belies his size - almost Kerr like - and he has the right attributes for midfield; strength over the ball, evasive, smarts, and accurate split second disposal.

His beserker attack on the footy and man is an absolute treat to watch.

F*ck I can't wait to watch this side carve up next year!
Far out ive been trying to think of who he plays like

Mighty mouse II.

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
There is a Kerr-esque quality about Rioli, a happy smiling attack dog! (with skills)
Was watching some Kerr highlights recently -simply Wow! (incl. that flying mark in goalsquare)
But not sure about Rioli being a permanent mid as such, or how his body would hold up to that?
Like him as a classy utility or pinch hitter...having said that, Jetta has him pegged as an
'elite midfielder or forward'...wait and see.

Last edited:

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Its gonna be tough fitting all of Gaff,Shuey, Redden, Sheed, Yeo, Hutch and Masten into the midfield. I suspect Venables and Rioli will have the odd Centre bounce.

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Its gonna be tough fitting all of Gaff,Shuey, Redden, Sheed, Yeo, Hutch and Masten into the midfield. I suspect Venables and Rioli will have the odd Centre bounce.
yes, given our situation 18 months ago, it's now not a bad problem to have -with a few others lined up for the job, seems the whole team is gonna be in the midfield?
Meanwhile another 'West' article on Rioli in the midfield..an interesting sideline in there was this -
"Adam Simpson had delivered a strong message to players — the Eagles would now be hunted and they would have to get better.."
Stating the obvious I guess, but exciting to wait and see just how better they will be...?

Back