Rioli urine test tampered

matthew_s

All Australian
Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
soccer is about as a corrupt sport as i can think of i wouldn't be using that as a bench mark of a legitimate competition.

The US does it well, i think the AFL should be following suit if they can ever afford to separate themselves from ASADA.
Yep, there's is no corruption in US sport.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yaco55

Hall of Famer
Jul 25, 2007
hong kong
AFL Club
Essendon
We still haven't addressed the bigger issue about the WADA code - They continue to spread their tentacles beyond Olympic sports to some sports which are virtually amateur - They then catch weekend warriors for doping to falsely boost their credentials to obtain more funding - Go to any NADA website to view lists of AAF's and compare Olympic sports and Non-Olympic Sports.

owen87

Premiership Player
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
We still haven't addressed the bigger issue about the WADA code - They continue to spread their tentacles beyond Olympic sports to some sports which are virtually amateur - They then catch weekend warriors for doping to falsely boost their credentials to obtain more funding - Go to any NADA website to view lists of AAF's and compare Olympic sports and Non-Olympic Sports.
It's a chicken and the egg scenario; events want to secure Government funding so they're required to abide by requirements such as adherence to anti-doping. Meaning weekend warriors who don't have the professionals in place to limit their chances of being caught, get caught for cheating.

If the event didn't want the government funding there'd be no reason they'd have to abide by anti-doping codes.

I guess the answer is; be a big enough event that you can self-fund without needing any government body affiliation and you can have cheats compete at will?

yaco55

Hall of Famer
Jul 25, 2007
hong kong
AFL Club
Essendon
It's a chicken and the egg scenario; events want to secure Government funding so they're required to abide by requirements such as adherence to anti-doping. Meaning weekend warriors who don't have the professionals in place to limit their chances of being caught, get caught for cheating.

If the event didn't want the government funding there'd be no reason they'd have to abide by anti-doping codes.

I guess the answer is; be a big enough event that you can self-fund without needing any government body affiliation and you can have cheats compete at will?
The question still remains whether the 'arms of sports' running competitions for 'weekend warriors' actually attract much if any Government funding like the bigger sports such as AFL/NRL etc,etc.

Top Bottom