Rioli urine test tampered

Remove this Banner Ad

soccer is about as a corrupt sport as i can think of i wouldn't be using that as a bench mark of a legitimate competition.

The US does it well, i think the AFL should be following suit if they can ever afford to separate themselves from ASADA.

Yep, there's is no corruption in US sport.

We still haven't addressed the bigger issue about the WADA code - They continue to spread their tentacles beyond Olympic sports to some sports which are virtually amateur - They then catch weekend warriors for doping to falsely boost their credentials to obtain more funding - Go to any NADA website to view lists of AAF's and compare Olympic sports and Non-Olympic Sports.

We still haven't addressed the bigger issue about the WADA code - They continue to spread their tentacles beyond Olympic sports to some sports which are virtually amateur - They then catch weekend warriors for doping to falsely boost their credentials to obtain more funding - Go to any NADA website to view lists of AAF's and compare Olympic sports and Non-Olympic Sports.

It's a chicken and the egg scenario; events want to secure Government funding so they're required to abide by requirements such as adherence to anti-doping. Meaning weekend warriors who don't have the professionals in place to limit their chances of being caught, get caught for cheating.

If the event didn't want the government funding there'd be no reason they'd have to abide by anti-doping codes.

I guess the answer is; be a big enough event that you can self-fund without needing any government body affiliation and you can have cheats compete at will?

It's a chicken and the egg scenario; events want to secure Government funding so they're required to abide by requirements such as adherence to anti-doping. Meaning weekend warriors who don't have the professionals in place to limit their chances of being caught, get caught for cheating.

If the event didn't want the government funding there'd be no reason they'd have to abide by anti-doping codes.

I guess the answer is; be a big enough event that you can self-fund without needing any government body affiliation and you can have cheats compete at will?

The question still remains whether the 'arms of sports' running competitions for 'weekend warriors' actually attract much if any Government funding like the bigger sports such as AFL/NRL etc,etc.

so like world’s strongest man, crossfit and most powerlifting lol.
on the topic, would MLB receive funding or do they fall in with the above?

ASADA or WADA are just waiting to see if Willi shoots up over the next few weeks to be as tall as Nic Nat, if not he's safe.

I think Willie is in deep crap if he found to have tampered with the test. The Sun Yang demonstrates if WADA are not happy with a tribunal’s finding they will go straight to CAS, and seek the maximum.

Did they/ever say why he did what he did? Was it pot?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While the AFL goes on an indefinite hiatus from COVID-19, Willie Rioli stars in the NTFL, Australia's highest level footy league still in operation

Not true, just fanfic
Thanks for the like AuntyBlindEye. The Rioli Football League is closer to fruition than ever before.

Thanks for the like AuntyBlindEye. The Rioli Football League is closer to fruition than ever before.
It would be an incredible sight to behold.

An entire field of Riolis. Beautiful.

Allegedly pot. Allegedly frustrated that he couldn't piss. Allegedly poured Gatorade in the container to get it over with. Allegedly the dumbest way to end a career.
It is a damn stupid thing to do. Let's say it was just pot, and he provided a sample, would that be a lower sentence than tampering with evidence?

Personally if athletes want to smoke pot I don't see how it does anything but harm to their performance, so I don't get why they aren't allowed to smoke it, other than it being illegal.

Did they/ever say why he did what he did? Was it pot?

There's 2 incidents ABE

1) The tampering incident. This is when it's alleged he poured Gatorade into his urine sample, pending his trial. He was blood tested but cleared apparently, but again details are sparse at this stage.

2) He tested positive for weed after the final Vs Essendon. HOWEVER as the second incident happened before he received a show cause for the first one it gets rolled into the first incident.

So whatever is the more severe penalty (likely the first) is the only one he will serve, it will be concurrent

Last edited:
There's 2 incidents ABE

1) The tampering incident. This is when it's alleged he poured Gatorade into his urine sample, pending his trial. He was blood tested but cleared apparently, but again details are sparse at this stage.

2) He tested positive for weed after the final Vs Essendon. HOWEVER as the second incident happened before he received a show cause for the first one it gets rolled into the first incident.

So whatever is the more severe penalty (likely the first) is the only one he will serve, it will be concurrent
Bugger. Disappointed he chose to tamper then. The game is better with more Riolis.

Bugger. Disappointed he chose to tamper then. The game is better with more Riolis.

I'm not sure what happened, I have heard one account that he was doing it as a joke rather than anything malicious but who knows. But we will just have to wait for when the trial happens to find out what the details are

I'm not sure what happened, I have heard one account that he was doing it as a joke rather than anything malicious but who knows. But we will just have to wait for when the trial happens to find out what the details are

Not sure which version of events is dumber...hilarious prank or chronic stage fright...jfc.

Not sure which version of events is dumber...hilarious prank or chronic stage fright...jfc.

Either way it seems like Rioli suffers from chronic stupidity

He's not being charged with smoking weed though.

Yeah he has, it's one of 2 charges he's facing

Both were within the same time period though so he will serve both penalties concurrently (ie whatever is the heavier penalty will be the sentenence he has to worry about)

Yeah he has, it's one of 2 charges he's facing

Both were within the same time period though so he will serve both penalties concurrently (ie whatever is the heavier penalty will be the sentenence he has to worry about)

Game-day Marijuana positive is the least of his worries, though still idiotic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back