RIP Andrew Symonds

Remove this Banner Ad

Horrible news.

Very entertaining cricketer and a true athlete who was a little ahead of his time. T20 has massively raised the standards of power hitting and fitness in the field but Symonds was doing all the stuff that is expected of young players growing up today before T20 took off as a format.

RIP.

R.I.P to a legend. Will never forgive CA and the ICC for failing to back him when he was enduring racism. I wonder if things would be different in today's environment. No doubt it contributed to his career ending the way it did.

Anyway today I'll remember him for the star he was, one of the great all rounders and plus hip and shouldering that streaker!

Played one of the all time great world cup knocks against pakistan in 2003. Rescued us with 143 notnout.

A beast in the field
Big six hitter
Crafty offspinner
Could even lob down decent medium pace if there was a bit of cloud around and some juice in the pitch

RIP Roy, my favourite aussie cricketer from that dominant era.

Does someone have the highlights of his World Cup innings in 2003 against Pakistan? That innings announced his arrival as an international cricketer - brilliant stuff!!!
Quentin Hull suggested that Ponting getting the best out of Symonds was the greatest achievement of his captaincy.

Terrible news i know i will sure miss him on his day he was such a destructive batsman and a proud Qlder Rip mate

One of my favourites, and I reckon the best fielder I saw live. Just pips ABDV through sheer athleticism. I was watching from the boundary and was amazed by the size and speed of Roy as he chased one down right in front of me. Absolute beast.

Played the game with a sense of freedom so few do, and entertained us for years because of it. Will be sorely missed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feeling a little sad this morning, liked him as a player and as a commentator. Seemed like a genuinely interesting person that would have been fun to meet and talk too.

RIP Andrew

Played one of the all time great world cup knocks against pakistan in 2003. Rescued us with 143 notnout.

He was only called into the Aussie squad as a last minute replacement for Warney for the drug ban.

We had injuries to others including Lehman so had to play him even though he had no form.

4/86 and he rescues us with one of the greatest World Cup innings vs a potent Paki attack.

Check this footage out where Roy tells Waqar Younis to * off after he cracked it and starting sending beamers at his head.

Him and Warney were my favourites. Gutted. RIP.

Get Gilly, McGrath, Punter wrapped up in bubble wrap asap. They’re all dying too young

Remove this Banner Ad

Back