Toast RIP Brian Muir

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Just been informed by my dad his best mate and 42 game saints player Brian Muir passed away yesterday. Great that he could play that many games for the club but what I really know him for is being chairman of selectors in the 1966 season and the first guy to grab yabby after the siren rang. He was also past president of the past players and the under 19’s coach and was responsible in getting big Carl and Jeff Moran to the club so he had a huge influence over the club. Rip moo

Just been informed by my dad his best mate and 42 game saints player Brian Muir passed away yesterday. Great that he could play that many games for the club but what I really know him for is being chairman of selectors in the 1966 season and the first guy to grab yabby after the siren rang. He was also past president of the past players and the under 19’s coach and was responsible in getting big Carl and Jeff Moran to the club so he had a huge influence over the club. Rip moo
My dad played with him at the Saints , i remember dad often talking about him, RIP

Did your dad play ones or just seconds and thirds?
Played one season in the Ones and them left to come back to Ballarat , he could get more money playing in Ballarat than for the saints back in those days , not to mention 4 hour round trip in the taxi for training

Played one season in the Ones and them left to come back to Ballarat , he could get more money playing in Ballarat than for the saints back in those days , not to mention 4 hour round trip in the taxi for training
I think you are lying. Looked on afl tables and no one with the surname risky played ones at the saints.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back