RIP Cam McCarthy

Remove this Banner Ad

This bloke was really the ultimate Freo player. Freak on his day, a bit loose, oozed crazy character,

Wanted nothing more than for him to make it, and enjoy his life in and out of footy.

Go well Cam. We’ll miss you
Beautifully said.

It's a lonely place when you are engulfed by darkness, and one that is very difficult to navigate your way out of.

Some are able to, sadly many are not. My father being just one of many examples of the latter.

I weep for Cam that he lost his battle and I feel for those he left behind, who must have felt so hopeless watching him struggle. They will be left with so many questions and so much regret.

He is out of his pain now and I hope he is at peace.

Shocking news. Very sad. We have a long way to go to find a way to best support these guys.

I'm sorry the darkness got you Cam. RIP mate.
why are you are assuming he suicided, without an official statement?

He suffered from epilepsy - even The West have been professional enough to report his illness and not called it drugs or suicide

He suffered from epilepsy - even The West have been professional enough to report his illness and not called it drugs or suicide

‘Death not being treated as suspicious’ is usually code for suicide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apologies if I jumped the gun. I guess I have read so many of these and automatically assumed. When I read no suspicious circumstances and knowing he had history, I automatically assumed.

I meant no harm. I'm an advocate for those with mental health issues, and also a sufferer.

Horrible news. My thoughts are with his family and friends at this tragic time. Too young, too soon. Link below has the below message also. Seemingly another taken by the Black Dog.
RIP.

Need to talk to someone?
Don't go it alone. Please reach out for help.
Lifeline: 13 11 14 or lifeline.org.au
Beyond Blue: 1300 22 4636 or beyondblue.org.au
Kids Helpline: 1800 55 1800 or kidshelpline.com.au
Headspace: 1800 650 890 or headspace.org.au
13YARN: Speak to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander crisis supporter on 13 92 76 or visit 13yarn.org.au
Are you anxious? Take the Beyond Blue quiz to see how you’re tracking and whether you could benefit from support

Yes that is possible too. It is just, well he has talked about depression before and generally speaking men in their 20's who die don't die of natural causes.
I've certainly read at least one article with the "Lifeline disclaimer", make of that what you will........ :(

Apologies if I jumped the gun. I guess I have read so many of these and automatically assumed. When I read no suspicious circumstances and knowing he had history, I automatically assumed.

I meant no harm. I'm an advocate for those with mental health issues, and also a sufferer.
it's an easy one to jump the gun on because many (outside of supporting Freo) would have been aware of when he collapsed and was diagnosed. Struggling with epilepsy could be enough to trigger a young guy, but guess we wont get an official explaintation for a while.

News.com.au article has the mental health message on the article. We will have to wait but it sounds like a suspected suicide reading between the lines. Just horrible news however he died but more stinging to me if he had mental health issues he couldn’t overcome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back