RIP Cam McCarthy

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi,
Unfortunately SUDEP (Sudden Unexplained Death in Epilepsy) isn't rare. Epilepsy affects 1 in 25 people, and SUDEP takes 1 in 1000 lives every year even with people with controlled seizures, with that number becoming 1 in 150 for those with uncontrolled seizures. Took more lives in the US last year then SIDS yet isn't well known.
I have epilepsy it changes your life.
I wish you all the best, and thankyou for this knowledgeable post. I hope you live your absolute best life, and I wish you well xxx

I had a close friend who suffered epilepsy and horrible siezures til he just didnt wake up from one, he was only 29, a gorgeous guy,

my daughters best friend from high school developed it suddenly in year 11, the medication made her depressed, and just 4 years later we had to say goodbye, she was 20 years old, it was 7 years ago now, and it still breaks my heart, She was so so loved...

I cried buckets over both of them, no matter, the illness took them both, just different ways.

RIP Cam.xxx

Ah geez this thread is upsetting.
We go wild over games of football but then you read something like this and it breaks your heart that these are real people like every one of us that have friends and family that would be completely distraught in these moments.

Whatever the circumstances, truly tragic to lose someone so young, such a shame and wishing all look after themselves, and each other.

None of us are gods, we all become engulfed in death's embrace sooner or later and it doesn't matter who you are. John McCarthy, Cam McCarthy, Jason McCartney (almost). We're all passers by on the wonderful journey of life.

Too young. Thank you for the memories Cam.
You made a lot of people happy, I hope you knew that when you were with us.

Tell your close ones you love them. We are not here for very long.
Love to all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad news.

308216.jpg

The really are just kids when they enter the system.
I’ve often said that kids just out of school aren’t ready for the pressure of expectations that are put on them through the draft. While some kids are built for it straight away and can handle the expectations, others can’t and it affects them. I’d like to see the national draft age raise to 21, and the rookie draft be for the u21s who then play VFL as part of their development.

McCarthy was so talented, I actually wanted Carlton to pick him instead of Cripps. His mates obviously adored him and the tributes show how great of a person he really was despite his demons. It is not a nice place to be.

I hope he is now at peace and I hope this continual awareness saves even one life down the track. It’s okay to not be okay.

RIP Cam.

The West is reporting they are waiting for a coroners report

It might not be suspicious if he has a known illness
Whatever the cause, 29YO is too young for any young person to leave this life. Condolences to his friends and family, I have children of similar age and it doesn't matter what his issues were, it would be copmpletely devastating for those that loved him. I couldn't imagine the hurt they are feeling. Very sad indeed.

Whatever the cause, 29YO is too young for any young person to leave this life. Condolences to his friends and family, I have children of similar age and it doesn't matter what his issues were, it would be copmpletely devastating for those that loved him. I couldn't imagine the hurt they are feeling. Very sad indeed.
I have Covid so couldn't go to the game, but was crying too much after the vision of Fyfe and Pearce before the game, I was just numb. I have a son around this age as well (and some of his friends were friends with Cam)

It would have been surreal for Sydney players to go through that too

I feel more shook than I expected. Of course he would never know the impact he had on others, but the day Cam kicked 5 against North was the day after my brother passed away. He was a dockers tragic and battled his own mental health issues. I will never forget the joy Cam brought us as a family that day as we grieved, that at least my brother would be smiling as the Dockers romped it in. I know all too well what his family is going to go through today, tomorrow and in weeks and years to come. I can only hope they are remembering the joy he brought to them, all his mates and fans rather than the challenging times.

Gone far too soon, RIP Cam

Fyfe has been one who rarely flinches or displays emotions over his career. Tonight is a reminder that these guys aren't robots. Seeing a tear in his eye pre game brought a tear to mine.

Yolo Dardy
ive always liked him, he has a really good head on his shoulders.

Im so sorry for the loss of your brother xx
cheers, jo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back