RIP Chadwick Boseman

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 24, 2009
In your dreams
AFL Club
West Coast
Very saddened to hear about Chadwick Boseman's passing.
Unfortunately passed away today because of colon cancer. Absolutely cruel.

I know for many he will be remembered for his role as Black Panther, but for me I will always remember him as Vontae Mack.

What other movies do you have fond memories of him from?

Last edited:
This a shocker! Young(-ish) and in genuine blockbusters the past couple years.

Such a devastating loss.

Only really entered the mainstream after 42, but he ticked off some iconic roles - playing extraordinary men - in short order. Those films might have varied in how good they were, but the one consistent was his performances were always outstanding. And then Black Panther...his legacy there is immeasurable.

But his work in Da 5 Bloods, just hits so much harder now. He doesn't have huge screen time but the driving force behind the film is his character. Which means every time he's on screen, he needs to sell that and * me did he ever (thought it was his best work). But now it's even more profound and haunting knowing what he was going through at the time.

Was reading that he kept his battle so quiet, only a small handfull outside his family knew.

Kevin Feige the head of Marvel only got an email about the situation an hour before he passed, by the time he read the email Boseman had already died.

Supposedly Boseman was confident of beating cancer and had made plans to start training for Black Panther 2. He only realised the dire situation he was in a week or two before the end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back