News RIP Chris Curran

Remove this Banner Ad

That's shocking news. He was a very good player. He always reminded me of the Shoeless Joe Jackson character from Field of Dreams. Life is heartbreaking.

I remember getting his autograph when I was 10 or 11. Seemed like a nice bloke. May he rest in peace.

That’s horrible news. Remember he kicked the sealer in an Anzac Day game in 1996, I think. Has anyone got a link to this as haven’t seen any news and surprised that CFC wouldn’t have tweeted?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terrible sad news.

Condolences to family.

Why has there been no report on this in the mainstream media? Players of far less stature as far as games played are given coverage if they break the law or suffer misfortune of some kind. I'm confused. Has our club published anything official?

Odd there is no mention on the Pies site.
They are usually right on top of ex-player events.

Yeah..........I posted about it in the "Don't want to start a thread" on Thursday as I was unsure as to the veracity of what I was told , given the media silence around it.

Sad news.

Wiki has death but just October 2018.

My understanding is the club would absolutely verify such sad news before any notification.

Perhaps contacting family as well.

Why has there been no report on this in the mainstream media? Players of far less stature as far as games played are given coverage if they break the law or suffer misfortune of some kind. I'm confused. Has our club published anything official?
Odd there is no mention on the Pies site.
They are usually right on top of ex-player events.

The club have put something up now ...

http://m.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2018-10-16/vale-chris-curran

Alas very very very tragic.

Clubs write up very dignified.

Condolences

Chris was my personal favourite in the mid 90's. Very classy. The start of the 97 season was very exciting, a purely attacking game plan. The Tigers of 2017 reminded me of that year, and Chris was a big part of it. I was very saddened when he hung up the boots prematurely. Would have been a 200 gamer. Life ended prematurely as well. I'm sick and tired of the road toll. Had an absolute gut full. Can we all put the ******* phone away and concentrate? Any chance of that? How about patience instead of tailgating. Are we a happy and contented people here in Australia? The road behaviour suggests not. I see it every day. I get tailgated on the steep winding Belgrave -Hallam Road EVERY SINGLE DAY, without fail. I can't handle the speed culture. Just can't take it any more. Maybe we should remember Chris every time we get behind the wheel. Some good has to come out of this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back