RIP Danny Frawley

Remove this Banner Ad

I come from partly a saints family so this has hit us hard.

Champion defender and I love how he never let anyone forget it.

I barely remember the Geisch years, Danny was my first taste of success and my first sacked coach. You could tell he always had a Soft spot for us, and represented us(and saints) well in the media.

In the Media was where he shined though. He knew how to laugh, and how to be laughed at. But his special comments work was great too. One of the few that could do both.

Vale Spud.

Please do not post comments speculating or implying the circumstances surrounding this tragic incident, it's extremely disrespectful.

Lets just remember Spud for the great man he was and let the professionals deal with the finer details.

There are a select group of people that transcend club loyalties and I think Danny was one of these people.
A genuine good bloke that you felt like you knew personally... I am really rocked by this news and am quite emotional.
Condolences to the Frawley family.
RIP Spud.

Well said.

He will be greatly missed by all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So sad. I love Andrew Krakour’s tribute. Speaks volumes. In many ways we undersell what Frawley did for our club and in hindsight he had a fair bit to do with our current success. He stopped Richmond being an old boys club. RFC would not be where it is today if it’s management, coaches and board was still made up of ex players.
He handled himself with grace with his exit, he got us to a prelim and did so much for ex coaches running the coaches association.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back