RIP Danny Frawley

Remove this Banner Ad

Took us to a prelim in the dark days.
Not the first coach to have topped up either.
Wore his heart on his sleeve for us and his players.
Great man.
Will be missed.
Gutted.

It didn't end well on the night but who could forget the passion in his 3rd, I think, game coaching us Danny running out onto the field at three quarter time against North Melbourne just yelling to our players that North were too old, too slow ... or something like that!
Such a terrible flat feeling tonight. Devastating. So sad. You can tell from what other people in football say when somebody is held in the highest regard and it seems Danny was one of those.
Thoughts and good wishes to his family. R.I.P.
Untitled.png

By the way, Jonno Brown crying on 360.
Real men cry.
Don't be afraid to show your emotions fellas.
it's healthy.
Neroli was a trouper tonight. Much love to her.

The moderator of this thread wants to bury the mental health story of this tradegy and the demons Danny was fighting. The black dog. He hosted a show y o u will never walk alone which was all about men's mental.health and highlighted the need for people to speak up about thier problems. You will see at the bottom of every news report on this reference to life line and beyond blue. It shouldn't be censored that people in society are going through hard times and the numbers are rising. So hard sometimes they lose the will to live. To hide this is to deny this exists and accept the status quo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not usually a fan of petitions but this is a great idea. It's a joke that there's no award for defenders anyway and it would be a great tribute to a man beloved by all. RIP Spud.

Not usually a fan of petitions but this is a great idea. It's a joke that there's no award for defenders anyway and it would be a great tribute to a man beloved by all. RIP Spud.

A brilliant idea

The moderator of this thread wants to bury the mental health story of this tradegy and the demons Danny was fighting. The black dog. He hosted a show y o u will never walk alone which was all about men's mental.health and highlighted the need for people to speak up about thier problems. You will see at the bottom of every news report on this reference to life line and beyond blue. It shouldn't be censored that people in society are going through hard times and the numbers are rising. So hard sometimes they lose the will to live. To hide this is to deny this exists and accept the status quo

You're making an assumption that the two are linked without knowing the full details.

We have our own dedicated thread to mental health and don't censor it in the slightest.

But posting speculation about things like that isnt on, especially when authorities haven't provided any more information.

You have no idea who reads these forums.

If / when any further information officially comes out it can be discussed then.

Until such time, be respectful and don't post assumptions on such a sensitive topic.

Had the pleasure of meeting him this year when he coached the Vic County team to victory against the VAFA , to see his passion and commitment to his coaching his sense of humor and the way the players loved playing for him was something special.

You're making an assumption that the two are linked without knowing the full details.

We have our own dedicated thread to mental health and don't censor it in the slightest.

But posting speculation about things like that isnt on, especially when authorities haven't provided any more information.

You have no idea who reads these forums.

If / when any further information officially comes out it can be discussed then.

Until such time, be respectful and don't post assumptions on such a sensitive topic.

Perfectly said Michaels.

Haere Ra

Hard to believe when I first saw the news!!

Terrible tragedy. Thoughts go to the family and everyone close to him. AFL community knows this is a great loss of someone who was a great personality that left us far too young!!!

I loved Danny's ability to be humble, a team player on on the bounce prepared to take the mickey out of himself for others to have a laugh!!!

I will miss watching him and I am sorry the world has lost such a fun loving guy!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back