RIP Danny Frawley

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm not sure whether I'm allowed to start this thread or if someone has already started one.
From all of us on the West Coast board, I would like to send our condolences to the Frawley Family and friends.
We may not all have enjoyed his media work but he is and was a legend of the game and will be sorely missed.
It is sad when we lose legends of our great game, but it is even sadder when they are taken too soon.
Let's take this moment to remember that the athletes are still human.
RIP Spud

well said wedgetailed westerner.

a truly remarkable man a character who suffered from his tenure at richmond. a saint kilda legend.

loved him on bounce. dont think i can ever watch it again.

just saw a video tribute posted by the afl. heart wrenching

It was great aswell as hard to watch all the footy shows tributes to him tonight. He clearly was much loved in the whole footy community. No one had a bad word to say about him. Totally forgot about Scotty Watters involvement with Saints and it just showed that he would give you the shirt off his own back. Bloody sad end to the day.

I read this last night and was lost for words. I loved watching Danny Frawley on Bounce - his chemistry with the other guys (Chief, Garry Lyon) and the banter was first class entertainment.

Its a shame to see a guy like that go too early. If you havent signed the petition to make the Golden Fist a Brownlow night award for the best defender - get on board. Its a great way to remember 'Spud' and his legacy to the game.

I didnt really feel the loss of Ted Whitten in the 90's, but this one hurts. RIP Spud.

Whether or not Danny's mental health was the cause of his crash, Please ladies and gents, as a long time Depression sufferer myself, talk abount your struggles with someone on a regular basis. Lets keep Spud's work on mental health moving foward. Until there are no deaths in Australia from Suicide, our work isn't finished.
Trust me when I say that when you get out of the deepest darkest points in your life, it doesn't mean your in the clear. Depression is a beast that can turn up at any moment and effect so many people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back