RIP Diana Rigg

Remove this Banner Ad

Ron

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sad news just in that the fantastic actress Diana Rigg has passed away.

Most people these days know her from her amazing performance as Olenna Tyrell in GOT, but i first fell in love with her when she played Tracy in On Her Majesty's Secret Service in what i believe was the toughest job acting wise for any Bond girl.

A terrific actress, who entertained people for many generations.

sorted

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Hubba hubba when young. Very good in the Avengers and James Bond. She designed the outfit that was banned by censors at the time.

11:45

Absolutely owned GoT with Olenna.

RIP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DEVO

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 8, 2000
Canberra, ACT, Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Parramatta Eels
One of my favourite Bond Girls. She was also wonderful in the Avengers, her chemistry with Patrick Macnee elevated it into one of the better TV series of the 60’s that is still viewed and loved today.

Also liked her in the Assassination Bureau.

RIP Diana.

Last edited:

emuboy

Premiership Player
Dec 17, 2006
The Southern Hemisphere
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Sturt
Sad to see Diana Rigg died, she was a great actress.

One role I liked her in was as the titular Mrs. Bradley a criminologist in 'The Mrs. Bradley Mysteries', a forgotten British murder mystery series from the late 1990s which was set in the 1920s and also starred Neil Dudgeon and Peter Davidson.

I also remember her playing a creepy and evil role in a miniseries years ago called 'Mother Love' where she is the villain, obsessed with her son (who is grown up and married with kids of his own) and with destroying the life of her ex-husband, committing several murders in the process.

Dazza the Viking

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sad to here of the passing of Diana Rigg, she was my favourite Bond Girl, Was fantastic in Game of Thrones. Remember watching The Avengers, a very long time ago, probably repeats, she was a stunner, They Re Made the series into a movie with Ralph Fienes and Uma Thurman, which wasn’t very good.

RIP

Roobs321

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Sydney Swans GWS CBR United
Was sad to hear of her passing as well, a memorable actress. I often found it hard to tell her and Samantha Eggar apart.

Mr_Bojangles

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
RIP but man she was the it girl of the 60s. A stunning woman in her younger years.

Looks like the chain smoking finally got her although it was a good innings.

PhatBoy

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Unbelievably attractive as a young woman, captivating as Lady Olenna - I believe her line when Jaime approaches her just before her death and talks about joffrey‘s sword - ‘*sigh* he really was a c***, wasn’t he?’ Is the best in the series.

honorable mention also to her appearance as herself in Extras

sorted

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Her daughter Rachael Stirling looks a lot like her mother when she was younger. She's also an actress. Married to the lead singer of the band Elbow.

1600212516034.png

Top Bottom