Universal Love RIP "Gimp" - Passed Away 24/02/23 - see post#50

Remove this Banner Ad

You have done a magnificent job TGG, I only wish the great man could have a peruse.

After reading some, not all as yet - I reckons truly under-appreciated, and I thinks he was genuinely a clever and kind person.

RIP Gimp
Yeah the more I went into his stuff, the more I realised how clever and knowledgeable he was. Probably only 5% of posts are from his first 3 years on the board. It was in his 4th year that he really started to establish a style and formula. The thread has been set up so you can dip in and out of it.

One expression Gimp frequently used for congratulatory or celebratory posts which aren't going to make a 'best of ..' thread but features frequently in his work - 'may your cards be live.. and your pots be monsters'!

Loved that one. Reckon you need one of those in it.

Hope not a bother to bring this thread up. But only just found out. Unsure where i was the past 7 months.

RIP Fella , loved your posts and humour and the back up on the main board at times hah. Gave a great light to this community.

Hope the Boys can get up this year for you , fly high legend

I didn't know until right now.
I thought people were saying RIP Gimpy because he'd left Bigfooty.
I noticed he stopped posting on the Collingwood board and confined himself to the main board. Then assumed he'd just quite all together.
My favourite poster of all time. His whimsical sense of humour was the best thing on the board for years. He never got angry or personal that I saw either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we lose this *en s**t man.. I *en swear.. imma put my life on hold.. and attempt to revise the top 100 songs of all time.. knowing full well.. all it takes is one vroma from Brunswick st to complain about a track being not fully inclusive of s**t and *en s**t like that.. so I'm back to *en square 1 again mate.

I've *en had it man.. I'm done.

If we f lose this.. I f swear man.. I will join a Johnny Farnham fan club.. go to one of their meetings.. hold hands in a circle with the other group members and sing 'you're the voice' in a trance like state and try and refrain from getting up mid track so that I can fling everyone's whispering jack vinyls agst the wall at high velocity and that re.

That's it for me.. I've f had it man.

If we lose this ******* s**t man.. imma get a sleave tat of Dennis Walter singing Christmas Carols.. I can't do this s**t no more.. I've completely had it.

If we lose this ******* s**t man.. Imms whipper snip all my remaining pubes.. I've had it man.. I can't anymore.

Lose this.. and I'm done with BF.

No more fashion tips
No more hairstyling tips
No more cooking tips
No more reno tips
No more parfum and eu de toilette tips
No more s**t you can do at an affordable price tips

You guys are on your own I'm afraid.

I've f had it man.. that's it for me.

Thinking about gimpy certainly added to my post game tears yesterday. Bittersweet. Like many of us I didn't agree with him on everything, but I just loved how unique and oddly-specific his rants were, and would often go back and forth with him in his "if we *ing lose this" posts. I find myself even taking on some of his mannerisms in my day to day life. A true great re.

Gimpy, this one is for you re. Hope you're watching down and celebrating by doing the paso doblé in heaven's finest designer shoes ❤️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back