Universal Love RIP "Gimp" - Passed Away 24/02/23 - see post#50

Remove this Banner Ad

An update on the best of Gimp thread. With 220000 posts to read, skim, select from and transfer, I am currently at March 2019 (working backwards) and have 86 pages of categorized posts. The end product will be the size of a small book. Can't wait to reach his very first post on bigfooty in April 2015.
I wonder TG if there would be a way to let his family/friends (outside of BF) be aware of your outcomes.

Maybe someone on BF has links to his family/friends. Im sure they would enjoy, how could one not

I wonder TG if there would be a way to let his family/friends (outside of BF) be aware of your outcomes.

Maybe someone on BF has links to his family/friends. Im sure they would enjoy, how could one not
I have been thinking exactly the same thing. If anyone does have this information, I would be really glad to hear from them. I gather his mum and dad are still alive and I believe from his posts he has a sister. His friends would get a laugh out of reading how they were depicted in his posts. Maybe someone who had access to the Herald Sun article reporting his death might be able to pick up a name from it. It's blocked to me and I could not find a death notice in the Age next day that might have been him.

We do know that he was 181.5 cm tall and 72 kg - he mentions this twice in different posts. He was also a sharp dresser, very much into stylish boots and fond of fragrances. Wore jeans and brand name shirts.

Last edited:
I have been thinking exactly the same thing. If anyone does have this information, I would be really glad to hear from them. I gather his mum and dad are still alive and I believe from his posts he has a sister. His friends would get a laugh out of reading how they were depicted in his posts. Maybe someone who had access to the Herald Sun article reporting his death might be able to pick up a name from it. It's blocked to me and I could not find a death notice in the Age next day that might have been him.
He grew up in the same home town as me, and is of similar age. My best mate is Greek (same town/similar age) so ive asked him if he may know/contacts etc

He grew up in the same home town as me, and is of similar age. My best mate is Greek (same town/similar age) so ive asked him if he may know/contacts etc
I seem to remember reading that he was 48. I would be surprised if our Greek posters don't know something about him. Problem with the Gimp is you never truly know whether the information he gives about his life in the threads is true or part of a persona he is creating.

I seem to remember reading that he was 48. I would be surprised if our Greek posters don't know something about him. Problem with the Gimp is you never truly know whether the information he gives about his life in the threads is true or part of a persona he is creating.
Gimpy was certainly a fan of google images 😂

Yeah a persona he created. Just my opinion. Just having fun and nothing wrong with that.
Doing a good job TGG.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If any of the Greek people on here get the Greek newspaper I think his funeral is this week
Behind the scenes we have had some info come to us. The family are apparently very private and understandably upset. They dont want any info or funeral news posted on social media.

Been off grid for a month or so and come back this morning to this.... so heartbroken Gimpyman.
The last thing you wrote to me was that you were so looking forward to this season...you'd been terrorising the Carlton and Geelong supporters on the main boards and your style and comedic (cutting to the bone wog-boy style) was being copied everywhere.

I'll miss you lad, you had the "chutzpah" to change people's minds and spirits, your banter was something from a "1970's day in the outer"
Drive that Datsun 180B into the sunset in your GBangers mate.

You will be missed, Go Pies.

Behind the scenes we have had some info come to us. The family are apparently very private and understandably upset. They dont want any info or funeral news posted on social media.
Don't think anyone was intending to post funeral arrangements. OK in that case will just stick to posting the 'best of Gimp' thread. I know he would want that be done. Thought the family might have wanted access to it.

Been off grid for a month or so and come back this morning to this.... so heartbroken Gimpyman.
The last thing you wrote to me was that you were so looking forward to this season...you'd been terrorising the Carlton and Geelong supporters on the main boards and your style and comedic (cutting to the bone wog-boy style) was being copied everywhere.

I'll miss you lad, you had the "chutzpah" to change people's minds and spirits, your banter was something from a "1970's day in the outer"
Drive that Datsun 180B into the sunset in your GBangers mate.

You will be missed, Go Pies.
Maserati or Gemi.. you mean! Can't imagine the Gimp in a Datsun 180B. I remember my father buying a bright orange 180B that my mother very aptly referred to as the Noddy car.

Don't think anyone was intending to post funeral arrangements. OK in that case will just stick to posting the 'best of Gimp' thread. I know he would want that be done. Thought the family might have wanted access to it.
I know that was likely but just thought it best to post the above to be sure. "Best of the Gimp" is a wonderful idea and memorial to him. He will be missed. I think its likely something the family would like to see. You are doing great work.

I miss those *en days man.. *en head down to High St Thornbury for a souv and that re before going out and that re.. with me mate Spiro and his 1st cousin Manny who was always looked like a kmart job.. neat good Greek haircut.. so he always used to look weird at me and that re.. we'd *en line up for a souv and that re.. and the bloke would ask.. what are you having boyvez and that re.. and I was like.. gis a *en second man.. so I'd ask Spiro and Manny.. what the * ate you campaigners having and that re.. and they were like.. ummm and argggg.. and I was like.. c'mon * yas.. then they were like.. yeah we'll have a mix chicken and lamb souv.. and I was like.. shut up re.. go full on lamb re.. and they were like.. allr8ght and that re.. and I was like.. 3 lambs re.. then we'd sit outside.. launch into that s**t like animals.. kinda like competing to see who would down the campaigners first and that re.. and I would always win and that re.. and once we were all finished and that re.. we'd ask each other if we were *en greats and that re.. for a good 5 minutes.. and then we'd get into serious conversations like.. 'so where we going tonight and that re'.. and Spiro and Manny would say.. go here and there and that re.. and I was like.. shuuuut up re.. we're going here and that.. and they were like.. allright re.. allright re.. and I was like.. what's with the attitude and that re.. and they were like.. allright re soz and that re.. then I'd ask if my hair was looking allright.. and they were like.. yeah re.. and I was like.. I'm *en serious man.. and they were like.. it *en it is.. and I was like.. don't * with me re I'm *en serious and that re.. and they were like.. yessss re.. and I was like.. what's with the attitude re.. and they were like soz and that re.. and I was like.. ok re.. then we'd go out and go nuts on the scotch and cokes..

That's camaraderie right there re.

*en miss it re.. getting all emotional right now just thinking about it and that.. good times man.. good times.
Kala re.. when I used to go to Victoria Park with Ari and Spiro and that re.. we used to go round the back of the ground.. get the Daics duffle coat and that re.. throw it on the top of the barbwire fence and jump on top of big Bazza's donut van and that.. and get in for free and that re.. when we first started doing it.. Baz was like.. what the f are you wog campaigners doing.. and we were like.. taaaaake it eeeeeeasy re Baz.. taaaaake it eeeeeasy re Baz.. *en hell mate.. this guy re.. and we were like.. look re Baz.. we'll buy a bag of donuts every week if ya shut your mouth about it re.. he was like.. yeah no worries but if you dint the top I'll punch the * out of yas.. and we were like.. you're a funny campaigner re Baz.. occasionally we'd buy cornettos or a pie or whatever from the campaigner take one bite out of em and turf it at him and run of pissing ourselves laughing and that re.. and he was like.. yaaaa *en dickheads dog campaigners come back next week and see what happens to yas ya *s I'll *en so and so do this to yas and re.. and we'd stick the big middle finger up at him and that re.. but he never did anything.. he was a *en cool as re.. so we went to games and that for a good few yrs for tsaba re.. for the love of the game and that re and to help out local business.. now fuuuucken foooorget about it re.. it's all commercial and that re.. cant jump fences.. can't jump turnstiles without getting ****ed by 15 unqualified security guards and *en surveillance and *en s**t like that. It's ****ed re.. we've gone over the top man.

Agh the *en days re.. good to reminisce about it now re.. but * would be great to just have one more game we could all attend that's like that.. made you feel alive. Sorry *en getting all emotional thinking about it now and that re sort of a thing and that.

*! Those pre covid normal days man.. Good times man.. good times man. Agh well.. *!
Was having dinner with Rosie and her mates.. they were all from East Brunswick and that re.. these people I swear man.. you go and eat in Oakleigh and that re.. and it's chill man.. check out everyone's latest Lonsdale and Adidas gear and that re.. talk about normal s**t like clubbing and lowered to * cars and s**t like that.. and if we got lucky on the weekend and that re.. standard s**t man.. then there's Rosie and her mates.. all vegan and that re.. wearing op shop clothes and that re.. so I'm sitting there looking mint and that re.. and they're all checking out my Gino Rossi's.. and I just know what they're thinking.. like this guy's an arsehole and that re for wearing cow hide and using hairspray and that re.. and like greasing me off for ordering a steak and that re.. and I'm looking at em and that re.. thinking ok how do I make things more comfortable between us and that re.. perhaps talk about my experiences and that re.. * didn't I * things up even more and that re.. I go.. like whenever I go macas and that re.. I take a nerf gun with me to shoot like those foam thingimagigys at seaguls when they get close to me gemi and that cause they not only s**t me.. don't want em to * up the paint job and that re.. and they just paused and looked at me.. and then it was like world war 3 re.. they were like.. foam is not biodegradable.. and that's animal cruelty.. and not good for environmental sustainability.. and I couldn't be ****ed responding re.. I go.. *ennnnn chill out mate.. my mate Spiro does that s**t.. I kid you not and that re.. but If told that story to anyone in Oakleigh and that re.. they'd be like.. * re you come up with the best s**t man.. imma try it and that re.. *en sick idea and that re.. s**t like that man. They don't get all Brunswick St on me man.

Anyway.. long story made short and that re.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back