Universal Love RIP "Gimp" - Passed Away 24/02/23 - see post#50

Remove this Banner Ad

I would still like to give him a day or two to reply to my PM this morning even though I know the news has to be true.

Otherwise your suggestion of a 'Best of the Gimp' is exactly what I had in mind as a tribute. I am just not sure where it belongs.
He certainly had a fine collection of shoes and socks. Vale Gimp. RIP.

RIP BringouttheGimp.
You certainly were unique.
I remember when you first started posted 're' - gave me the shits and confused many 😂
We got used to it though.
In your own words, you were a great re.

Couldn't handle the "re" and his posts when he first started posting so much I even put him on ignore but

quickly changed my view and unignored him and got heaps of laughs with his gorilla bets, his tinder escapades and fashion advice

RIP Bigman re

Terrible news Gimpy was one if my favourite posters and I had many a chuckle at his humour RIP mate and condolences to his friends and family

The best of the Gimp is a wonderful idea. I have been looking back through some of his posts in the 2020 covid thread period. The quantity and quality. The ability to take the heat but not stoop to the level.

Bringoutthegimp enriched my life. I spend a bit more time than my number of posts suggests on this forum but I have no doubt others spend a lot more. The anonymity of the social media should not mean the passing of significant contributors, indeed anyone, is unrecognised.

Shitty news.
Thoughts are with his rellies and loved ones.
Unique poster and board stalwart.

Catch you in the foam of the multiverse Gimp. Re.

Loved the gimps brand of humour, he always kept me coming back to see what he posted next
Rip re will be sadly missed on here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Words can’t express my shock and sadness

You were one of the good guys Gimp 💕
I've opened the thread thinking he'd just cancelled his account for the 4000th time. ******* hell. That's bloody awful

Like many, I am saddened by this news. We certainly had our differences but I will always look back at Gimp’s posts and smile.

The socks and delicious Greek fare were always a joy to behold.

RIP and condolences to your loved ones Gimp.

:'(

It is with a very sad and heavy heart that I must report that, this morning we lost the great bringoutthegimp.

bringoutthegimp always shared his humor, banter and experiences that he had on this forum with me over drinks. A huge contributor of this forum and passion for the Collingwood football club, he really enjoyed everyones company and his contributions will be greatly missed im certain..

Gone too early, but will never be forgotten. May he find peace in heaven with God.

Our thoughts and prayers go to his family and friends.

Xoxoxo

Rest in Peace Gimp. Condolences to his friends and family xo

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I hope it's not too soon to re-post some of the words from the Gimp.

So what am I expecting of the Fly re.. look.. wouldn't expect him to walk into the joint with a pair of stylish monk straps.. hi tops.. boots.. just yet.. he needs to establish himself a bit in the initial stages of his appointment.. a yr or 2 or whatever.. win a few games.. play some good attractive football.. then if he wants to throw on a pair.. if he's feeling it.. go for it re.. first day back at training.. good pair of clean sneakers for the track.. formal lace up shoes for corporate events or when addressing the media or when he's in and around the joint and that re.. no loafers.. ugg boots.. thongs.. sandals at any stage.. gonna wear those.. wear em at home.. please..
What do you think you'd get in a trade for Sier.. River's clogs or Christian Louboutin's re?
This is the sort of absolute rubbish that I enjoyed on a daily basis. Absurdist, left-field and absolutely on-point with all things sartorial advice. A man of his word and the word was hilarious.

Passing on my best wishes, condolences and love to those left behind, there will no doubt be some great stories told in the coming days, weeks and months. Respect x

Only just saw this, I'm shattered. What a unique and humorous bloke, an absolute great, forget about it mate.

I won't forget you Gimpy, imma put on my finest cologne and pick Cox to kick the first sausage roll in round 1. RIP re, I bet you're doing the Paso Doble in heaven right now.

Last edited:
My last PM with Gimp was on Thursday, the day before he allegedly died. We were in contact almost daily, united in our mutual discomfort with posting on this board and our enjoyment of each other's posts. If this is true, and I have PMed just now hoping a response will prove this news false, this is indeed devastating news.

This forum has never been the same since he left it. I think any tribute to him should be on the main board rather than here as it is there that he has found his home in the last year.

Without him to chat with every couple of days, I am not sure I even want to remain a member of this forum anymore. He was a unique poster and character, but at heart a true Greek boy. He was (is!?) a very private person and anyone who got to spend regular real time with him is indeed fortunate. I have no reason to doubt the sincerity of anyone who claimed to personally know the Gimp, but I am still hoping this is not true, that he will respond to my message.

Why did he stop posting on this board?

Why did he stop posting on this board?
Some people are more sensitive to bad vibes than others. I have all but left for similar reasons. Pretty safe if you stick to football threads, but sometimes people seek you out anyway. I'll say no more. The Gimp was a very private person and I don't wish to be his spokesperson. Covid has a lot more to answer for than deaths, lockdowns and economic downturns.

My relationship with Gimp really deteriorated during Covid, to the point we were not interacting at all.

I really regret that now.

I know people are putting together ‘a best of thread’ but here is a little preview. Posted during the dark covid days in 2020. It was in this way that Gimp brought some light into our lives. He really was a great after all.

“Had a zoom call with my cousin Ari man.. the prick is in Ios.. I go * you ******* lucky prick man.. he goes wait man.. I've got a couple of my Norwegian friends I'd like you to meet.. I go wait man.. wait man.. so go spend a good coupla minutes just combing and strocking my hair into place put a tank top on.. then I go Ari.. I'm ready man.. then they came on.. and they were like.. hmmmm hello.. I'm like.. heyyyy how are yas re.. they were like.. just enjoying a pina colada.. be nice if you were here.. I was like.. ******* forget about it re.. well enjoy your time with my cuz man.. they were like.. ok we will byeeeee. Then Ari comes back on.. I was like * you man.. and he just laughed at me and that re.. and I was like.. ade gia man.. going man.. then I hung up the phone.. back under the doona watchin ******* Birrrrchhhh man.

So not in a good mood tonight man.. agh well.. it is what it is man.. hahaha.. agh for *s sake..”

Gimp - July 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back