Universal Love RIP "Gimp" - Passed Away 24/02/23 - see post#50

Remove this Banner Ad

I am compiling a best of Gimp thread and will post it on the main board with help from a mod. Posters can then contribute favourite Gimp posts etc. Please give me a couple of days. Going through and selecting and organising his posts is taking time.
No rush brother but please leave a link here when it's up.

I swear man if I f miss that thread, imma drill a hard-to-detect hole in the sprinkler line of my elderly neighbour's front garden while they unpack the zooper doopers from the boot of their commodore. Then imma wear a cheap fragrance from kmart with loafers to my next tinder date... ive f had it re... that's enough mate, forget about it mate...

Combing through all his posts (currently back to July 2020), I came across this one to which I was the only person to respond, with a 'laugh'. Now I have pretty much taken on the task that he jokingly suggested that someone volunteer to do. (Except I won't be shouting him dinner)

'Who's up for compiling a 1000 best Gimp moments.. quotes.. wisdom nuggets.. predictions.. or whatever and that re.. thread.

If anyone wants to take the project on.. shouldn't be all that hard.. and I approve of it and re.. you can shout me dinner at the Veu De Monde.. and I get seen with you in public.

Am I a *en great or what re. *en forget about it mate'

In all seriousness, there are so many good posts. I have filled 25 pages so far. He worked to a formula as well, using identical expressions in different categories of posts. It's actually an enjoyable task in tragic circumstances. He spent a lot of time in the Buckley thread and the player who easily gets the most mentions is The Madge. Neither person would get an ego boost reading what he posted about them! Quite the reverse actually.

Last edited:
Combing through all his posts (currently back to July 2020), I came across this one to which I was the only person to respond with a 'laugh'. Now I have pretty much taken on the task that he jokingly suggested that someone volunteer to do. (Except I won't be shouting him dinner)

'Who's up for compiling a 1000 best Gimp moments.. quotes.. wisdom nuggets.. predictions.. or whatever and that re.. thread.

If anyone wants to take the project on.. shouldn't be all that hard.. and I approve of it and re.. you can shout me dinner at the Veu De Monde.. and I get seen with you in public.

Am I a *en great or what re. *en forget about it mate'

In all seriousness, there are so many good posts. I have filled 25 pages so far. He worked to a formula as well, using identical expressions in different categories of posts. It's actually an enjoyable task in tragic circumstances. He spent a lot of time in the Buckley thread and the player who easily gets the most mentions is The Madge. Neither person would get an ego boost reading what he posted about them! Quite the reverse actually.
I did enjoy his Madge posts 😂

I did enjoy his Madge posts 😂
And his Buckley game plan posts! The Gimp has a talent for being able to express the same thought in an infinite number of ways. Grouping them together showcases it along with his knowledge and humour.

Last edited:
Bump - not ready to let Gimp go to page 2.
He was a prolific poster. I am surprised he did not attract more 'likes'. I have 53 pages of 'best posts' to date and am only a little better than halfway through 2020. Some post categories work better than others transferred en-masse. The cooking competition was probably his single funniest activity, consuming a challenging period of isolation, but his individual posts don't really make sense unless you were there.

I find myself trying to piece together the bits of his life that he shared and otherwise sort fact from fiction. He is a larger than life character whose purported experiences couldn't be more different than mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was a prolific poster. I am surprised he did not attract more 'likes'. I have 53 pages of 'best posts' to date and am only a little better than halfway through 2020. Some post categories work better than others transferred en-masse. The cooking competition was probably his single funniest activity, consuming a challenging period of isolation, but his individual posts don't really make sense unless you were there.

I find myself trying to piece together the bits of his life that he shared and otherwise sort fact from fiction. He is a larger than life character whose purported experiences couldn't be more different than mine.
My favourite posts were about his family gathering and the food they were eating.

There were also a series of posts in which he was building some sort of outdoor area.

Jen, I believe you have a few contacts at the club, would be awesome if we could get the boys to wear a black armband in round one, at the very least put ‘Re’ on the banner, any chance?

He would’ve been a trip to know in the flesh.
That would quite epic. Collingwood fc love was a massive passion running in his veins. It would be huge for his memory knowing he left a significant mark on a club he loved so dearly.

An update on the best of Gimp thread. With 220000 posts to read, skim, select from and transfer, I am currently at March 2019 (working backwards) and have 86 pages of categorized posts. The end product will be the size of a small book. Can't wait to reach his very first post on bigfooty in April 2015.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back