RIP Jeff Dunne

Remove this Banner Ad

fbac92aee2fcb3048ddff7c5a1572b15

Remember him as a long kick

I remember him as a bit of a Brad Hardie prototype, getting plenty of the ball in a back pocket and running with it. He stood out in a weak team - polled 40 Brownlow votes in 102 games which is high on the list among players with similar career length.

The book Tigers Of Old tells how, post-Richmond, he coached in Tasmania and had his team stage a sit-down protest at the umpiring 25 minutes into the last quarter!

Last edited:
Was rightly very well respected both as a player and a coach.

Great bloke, but you'd wanna be able to take care of yourself if you pissed him off on the footy field...

w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Vale Jeff.

R.I.P.

That is sort of like a frontal boston crab manoeuvre. Just a magnificent move that from Dunne. From there you’d probably be looking to go the stepover toehold into a camel clutch as your finisher. Brings a tear to the eye that photo does.

R.I.P.

That is sort of like a frontal boston crab manoeuvre. Just a magnificent move that from Dunne. From there you’d probably be looking to go the stepover toehold into a camel clutch as your finisher. Brings a tear to the eye that photo does.

When I went looking for the photo (and amazingly found it digitised!) I got really sad thinking back on all that has been lost since the golden days of Tassie football before the three major regional leagues got merged into the State League.

Every game chock-full of great characters like Jeff, neighbourhood rivalries and a really good standard of always entertaining footy.

Could go on for 20,000 words, but I wouldn't want to derail a tribute thread. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back