RIP Jeff Hanneman

Remove this Banner Ad

This is really sad. Gutted to read about it this morning.

A flesh eating disease contracted from a spider bite, that lead to liver failure.

That is a shock. As others have noted I knew he was sick but didn't expect him to die.

RIP

Seasons in the Abyss and Reign in Blood to be blasted full bore tonight in his honour

I listened through all of Reign South of the Abyss earlier. Still really shocked and saddened.

RIB Jeff.

Absolutely shocked, The man was a legend and one of the most influential musicians of our time. Gutted, RIP

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is a shock. As others have noted I knew he was sick but didn't expect him to die.

RIP

Seasons in the Abyss and Reign in Blood to be blasted full bore tonight in his honour
Although I’m not a metalhead, I do admit Slayer were exceedingly influential in the culture of the Bush Senior Era. Despite (or because of) the extreme darkness of their songs they were actually less purely nihilistic than AC/DC, Metallica, Pantera, Public Enemy and N.W.A.

It’s a pity Slayer have been ignored completely by the Rock Hall - they actually have a very strong case for having been inducted soon after their eligibility in 2008/2009 if one looks at the theoretical criteria.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back