RIP John le Carre

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 27, 2015
🅱️🅰️🥇1️⃣3️⃣
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
🇦🇺
I heard a writer of fiction has passed away, so I sent condolences to Tom Browne's family
If you get lucky one of them may even know how to read it. :sneaky:

Vale history's greatest writer of espionage fiction.

If you haven't given Mick Heron a test drive, do.

Not up to Le Carre as a plot builder, but a real pleasure to read.

I was more upset about Barbara Windsor though. Those barely contained bazooms were responsible for countless teenage nocturnal emissions back in the day.

I was more upset about Barbara Windsor though. Those barely contained bazooms were responsible for countless teenage nocturnal emissions back in the day.
Absolutely brilliant.

Far too complex for 89.6% of Bay inhabitants.

There has been some decent screen adaptations for that collective though.
I binged on fiction years ago after purchasing my first iPad and read the collected works of Le Carre in between Ian Fleming & Raymond Chandler. Tremendously stimulating masculine stuff one should probably be wearing a smoking jacket to discuss.

As for the heathens who infest this place, no doubt they're available as audiobooks.

The Alec Guiness TV dramatisation of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and Smiley's People was superb.

His pen name came from his being called a square (?by his kids) and John Le Carre is French for John the square.

You’ll just have to carry on without her...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back