RIP Leon "Vader" White

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Leon White, more famously known as Big Van Vader has passed away recently with pneumonia.

Gutted to hear this. I knew he had Health Problems. I remember one shoot interview doctors told him he had only 2 years to live.

One of my Favourite Super heavyweight wrestlers of all time Along with Bam Bam Bigelow. Amazing he could moonsault from the top rope at 6 foot 5 and at 450 pounds.

I will Always his Golden years In New Japan Pro Wrestling from 1987-1992 and his Time at WCW in 1992-4 where he was a main eventer and a 3 time WCW world champion.

Absolutely upset you Didn't go to the WWE hall of fame before you passed away. Like Randy Savage, will probably be get in now that he has passed on.

RIP legend!:thumbsu:

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
It’s a shame he fell victim to Shawn Micheals in wwe. He could have had some great matches with stone cold
Still Remember that match. Apparently he was supposed to get the WWF world title against shawn Michaels at Summerslam in August 1996 or at least face Michaels in another rematch and win the belt off HBK 3 months later at Survivor series 1996.

HBK hated Vader for being too stiff with his punches. HBK dropped the belt to his mate Sid in Survivor Series 96.

Still remember one spot in that Vader vs HBK match. Vader was on his back and HBK was on the turnbuckle. HBK was supposed to go for an elbow drop but at the last moment just stomped him. He then yelled at Vader: MOVE you *****!

Rusty Brookes

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 9, 2001
Preston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn, Manningham Cobras
He was the scariest wrestler I've seen and definitely the best big man worker. Hell, he was one of the best workers full stop. He was so versatile - he was a major star in Japan, Mexico, Europe and the US.

Here's a match that I read about in Powerslam magazine which is now one of my all time faves.

RIP to one of the best

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams

Never watched him outside WWF.
I saw that....

And Brian Zane did an Accurate Description on His WWE run from January 1996- late 1998.

Got Pushed very Strong in the 1st 6-8 months. Was always going to get a monster heel push As in 1996, Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels were athletic baby face champions. Outside of a recently turned heel Diesel and a Tweener Sid, there wasnt too many Monster heels in the WWF in 1996.

Loved that Main even in the Final 4 PPV in February of 1997. Vader vs Austin vs Bret hart vs Undertaker for the WWE belt. I so hoped Vader won that match that night and held the belt for a day or even a week or Possibly Drop the belt to Undertaker at WM 13.

After getting that last WWF title shot vs undertaker in Canadian Stampede PPV in July of 1997, he never got another massive main event push.

I am glad he got a Good run with the WCW belt. He held the WCW belt 3 times.

His 1st WCW reign lasted 3-4 weeks due to an injury hence Ron Simmons won the belt and got a 4-5 month Run with it.

Then Vader Held the WCW for most of 1993. Sting Beat him in March 11th 1993 in A house show in London, england, Vader got it back 6 days later on 17th of March of 1993 in Dublin Ireland.

Vader didnt lose the WCW belt again until he had that classic Starcade Match vs Ric Flair in december 27th 1993.

So in Mid to late 1993, Vader was the monster Heel and world champion in WCW. While in the WWF, Yokozuna was the monster heel and world champion.

Outside of the WWF period in 1996-98, he had a good run in japan from 1989-mid 1992. A good WCW run from mid 1992- late 1993. He Practically was playing 2nd fiddle to Hogan and Flair in all of 1994. He fueded with Hogan for the WCW belt from SuperBrawl in Feburary of 1995 until Bash at the Beach in July of 1995. Some fans would say that Vader should of beaten Hogan for the WCW belt in Superbrawl in Feburary or Uncensored in March of 1995 then drop the belt back to Hogan in Bash at the Beach.

He also had another good run in japan from late 1998 to 2001

Back