RIP Mad Magazine.

Remove this Banner Ad

I stopped buying them a year ago after 10 years and read alot of the old stuff via MAD classic and the collection I have inherited over the years. It's a shame but understandable. The Werid Al issue was awesome :)

Last edited:
I remember returning to ask him where they were and he was like "I did a bit of cleanout and threw them all out"

My old 80s collection would probably be worth a pretty penny now.
That's the way it works though. These things from previous decades have value because parents have been throwing stuff out from their kids childhoods. If every parent left their kids old stuff alone then we'd be saturated with the old stuff and it'd be worthless. You just hope that if you're someone who did manage to save something from the parental disposers, that enough of the other kids parents ditched their's along the way :think:

That's the way it works though. These things from previous decades have value because parents have been throwing stuff out from their kids childhoods. If every parent left their kids old stuff alone then we'd be saturated with the old stuff and it'd be worthless. You just hope that if you're someone who did manage to save something from the parental disposers, that enough of the other kids parents ditched their's along the way :think:
I was rapt when my old man found four old autograph books of mine that I had when I was a kid and thought long gone and it's not like Jack Oatey or Ayrton Senna are around to sign anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back