News RIP Mick Twomey - Dual Collingwood Premiership Player

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno where to put this so I'll just put it here.

A relative of mine, Mick Twomey, passed away last night. Mick was a member of the 53 & 58 Premiership sides and the last surviving Twomey brother. He was 84. RIP

Many condolences. Not too many duel premiership players left.

Sad to see a Collingwood premiership player and great club man pass away. No I'm not being generous when I use those words, because as has been mentioned, his family connections date back to the turn of the century when his father Bill Twomey Sr played for Collingwood.

RIP Mick Twomey

RIP
Condolences to family.

A great Collingwood man, a fine footballer.

Played an awful lot of golf with Mick when I was a kid growing up in Portland back in the mid 1980's. He was always a lot of fun, had a lot of time for us kids and was he was full of stories and laughs. He held some sort of superhero status for us, as we knew of the famous Twomey's and that Mick had played in a couple of VFL flags.

Sorry for your loss. RIP Mick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad news and condolences to his family.

The Twomey's are right up there with the great families our great club has produced and are a big part of the reason why our club is great. Mick helped us win 2 flags including our greatest one in 1958 and his contribution should be cherished by all.

RIP Mick.

Sad news and condolences to his family.

The Twomey's are right up there with the great families our great club has produced and are a big part of the reason why our club is great. Mick helped us win 2 flags including our greatest one in 1958 and his contribution should be cherished by all.

RIP Mick.

Well said. The Twomeys are Pie royalty. Condolences to the family.

Sad to see another old warrior go. Mick, Pat and Bill were a special part of my growing up along with Bobby Rose and the Richards brothers. It seemed to a kid back then that Collingwood was a family team because so many brothers played for us. Mick was a big bloke back then and his relationship on field with Bill in particular was exceptional because Bill was the gun midfielder alongside the incomparable Bobby Rose. Mick was a good mark and a strong kick and he was never afraid to protect his mates (not only his brothers) particularly against those Melbourne brutes of the 50's.
Vale Mick. Thanks for being such a strong member of our premiership teams in '53 and especially '58. The Twomey Legend will last forever.

Condolences RiverRat and to all who knew him. I am too young to have seen the Twomey brothers play. David was the only one I saw.Always sad to hear of a Collingwood great passing.
I do recall my old man telling me about the great Twomey brothers when I was a kid though. He used to say that the best of the brothers was actually "Kickit":rolleyes: Stupid Dad joke

RIP

When I noticed no mention on the Pies site yesterday afternoon I rang the club to make sure they knew and had something up asap.
The girl on reception told me I was the 20th caller that afternoon.
Great supporters us Pies folk.:thumbsu:
Side by Side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back