Sports RIP Muhammad Ali - The Greatest

Remove this Banner Ad

I was intrigued about why Bill Clinton was chosen to speak at Ali's funeral.

He wanted a US president to speak at his funeral apparently and he obviously wasn't a George W Bush fan, even he was smart enough in his old age to know he was an idiot.

Yeah.....Ali was deluded.:rolleyes:

As if I was being serious, I would've beaten Ali on a technical knockout.

I tell you what though? The follow up from he doco, a series of interviews of guys who've fought Ali. Facing Ali? That was one of the best docos I think I've ever seen. In fact, without thinking of the best off the top of my head. It is the best!

Ali can flaunt and boast about being the greatest. He can't beat George Foreman as a personality. George would have to the most genuine bloke when being interviewed.

"I was scared of Frazier."

"I thought fighting Ali would be easy money."

Who else would admit weaknesses like that?

In hindsight. No surprise to me of all the guys from that generation of boxing, he's the most alert and mobile as a elder. What a great spirit!

I tell you what though? The follow up from he doco, a series of interviews of guys who've fought Ali. Facing Ali? That was one of the best docos I think I've ever seen. In fact, without thinking of the best off the top of my head. It is the best!

Ali can flaunt and boast about being the greatest. He can't beat George Foreman as a personality. George would have to the most genuine bloke when being interviewed.

"I was scared of Frazier."

"I thought fighting Ali would be easy money."

Who else would admit weaknesses like that?

In hindsight. No surprise to me of all the guys from that generation of boxing, he's the most alert and mobile as a elder. What a great spirit!
George Foreman is my #1 all-time sports person.

It took me this long to respond, because I cannot think of anything to add to it. Objectively, I don't know how anyone would be able to argue with your opinion. I won't be.
You said a lot of excellent things in your previous post explaining other facets of Foreman that make him so lovable. That was a good post.

You said a lot of excellent things in your previous post explaining other facets of Foreman that make him so lovable. That was a good post.

Plus he was a great boxer. He sure had limitations and wasn't that pretty to watch but he could hit bloody hard and was scary as *. Plus winning the HW title after his comeback was a great story too (or sad if you consider the state of HW boxing at the time i suppose).

Plus he was a great boxer. He sure had limitations and wasn't that pretty to watch but he could hit bloody hard and was scary as ****. Plus winning the HW title after his comeback was a great story too (or sad if you consider the state of HW boxing at the time i suppose).
Loved his fighting style tbh. I love that kind of style. Frankenstein lurching forward, packing a punch. Just walking opponents to the ropes and demolishing them. His jab was also underrated. Just no nonsense type of athletes I always like. They don't show boat, there's just an intensity in them, they do, and move on. And what he achieved in the comeback was marvelous. Still fighting and intimidating fighters 20 years younger than him is no easy feat. Would take guts. Plus, he still won more than he lost as a mid-40's fighter.

Loved his fighting style tbh. I love that kind of style. Frankenstein lurching forward, packing a punch. Just walking opponents to the ropes and demolishing them. His jab was also underrated. Just no nonsense type of athletes I always like. They don't show boat, there's just an intensity in them, they do, and move on. And what he achieved in the comeback was marvelous. Still fighting and intimidating fighters 20 years younger than him is no easy feat. Would take guts. Plus, he still won more than he lost as a mid-40's fighter.

How's the dent in the punching bag

Remove this Banner Ad

Back