RIP: Obituaries, memorials and things like that

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Muhammad Ali legacy will live forever. Could we consider him the greatest sports person of all time?. Back in the day Boxers were considered the best Athletes in the world. The photo of Ali standing over the knocked out Sonny Liston is one of the most famous photos in sporting history.

Magnificent Boxer, a pure copy book Boxer. "Jab, Jab Punch, Jab Jab Punch".

I remember in the mid 90's our next door neighbours (retired couple Bert & May Bowden, God Bless their soul) when they had pay-tv I think Galaxy at the time. They would show Ali's fights every Sundays and they would invite us over to watch his Fights. Must have been a sports series about Ali which included his early fights as Cassius Clay.
I was in awe of the pure skill of Ali. The evasiveness, he would dance around the ring. Most of his fights would go the distance and he would tease his opponents.
Most of the blokes he fought were built like rocks, they would hit him and Ali would not go down. Ali would cop a beating and then return fire, he wore most of these boxers down. They had no answer to the punishment he received.
It was compulsory viewing every Sundays at Berts House:)

Ali also had an amazing wit. Clever and witty in interviews. If you have time watch the Parkinson interviews on YouTube.

He had the best one liners of all time, "I'm the greatest" or "I'm so mean I make medicine sick".

He would mouth of but he would back it up. Now you have sports people who are brash and arrogant but they don't back it up.

In saying all that today Ali would be considered sexist, racist and politically incorrect in this socially controlled society we live in.
Nowadays he wouldn't get away with half of the stuff he said. Although Ali would say it in a way that made you laugh and not take it seriously.

The last 30 years he had the debilitating disease Parkinson which hindered his speech and his charity work.

The greatest moment for me was to see him at the Atlanta Olympics with the Olympic Torch lighting the flame. You could see the disease had taken a hold of him, but like a true champ he lit the flame.

Rest In Peace "The Greatest of All Time Muhammad Ali"

Gene Wilder aged 83 ..

4617178.jpg

:( - blazing saddles is one of my all time faves.

I liked Gene Wilder. He had a likable face. He and Richard Prior were inseparable in comedy movies. First movie i saw of his was at primary school ten years after it was made "Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory".

One of my Favourite comedy movies Gene Wilder acted in was the Mel Brooks movie "Blazing Saddles". The highest grossing western(comedy), the movie was a send up of the cowboy movies. Another movie which i also liked "See no Evil, Hear no Evil " he played the deaf man and Richard prior was the blind man.

Rest In Peace Jerome Silberman also Known as Gene Wilder:thumbsu:

I liked Gene Wilder. He had a likable face. He and Richard Prior were inseparable in comedy movies. First movie i saw of his was at primary school ten years after it was made "Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory".

One of my Favourite comedy movies Gene Wilder acted in was the Mel Brooks movie "Blazing Saddles". The highest grossing western(comedy), the movie was a send up of the cowboy movies. Another movie which i also liked "See no Evil, Hear no Evil " he played the deaf man and Richard prior was the blind man.

Rest In Peace Jerome Silberman also Known as Gene Wilder:thumbsu:

Did you ever watch The Producers? Funny, funny movie.

RIP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back