RIP: Obituaries, memorials and things like that

Remove this Banner Ad

We lost another great Hawthorn man and great human being with the sad passing of John Forbes over the weekend - 'the most famous non famous person in the country' and a wonderful soul.

Most notably he founded the Tynan Eyre Foundation which is now Blue Ribbon and through his support as Sponsorship Manager at Puma helped launch many sports stars careers such as Warnie and Merv.

And he was just terrific company. Condolences to Faye and family

Marvin Hagler aged 66 , one of boxings true greats .
His 1985 bout vs Tommy 'Hitman' Hearns one of the better 3 round fights you will ever see.

RIP Marvelous Marvin Hagler, former undisputed middle weight champion. Retired with 62 wins 52 by knockout from 67 pro fights. Just re watched his April 1985 brawl with Thomas Hearns and it was as brutal as I remembered it!!! Also check out his fight for the world title against Briton Allan Minter, destroyed Minter which sparked a riot in the crowd!!!

Hagler, hearns, leonard and you can add duran who would basically smack the crap out of anyone not named Mayweather across any belt title or the additional 20 fake belts and 10 times that on organization's who give out those belts they have these days.

Boxed in the greatest era of boxing in the greatest competitive division of his era. If he fought now he'd be a god... as would he's competitors that helped make him one, much like he made them.

Boxing is not what it once was, and I don't have an issue with older watchers who will say what I watched would say one belt very few divisions.

When I watched marvin he was a god.

But I'd put Marvin against anyone and back him since he retired. Roy Jones jnr at his peak would be a good fight but I can't really think of anyone else since that great 4 At middleweight. (Some may say Hopkins)

Nb: sugar ray robinson 2 me was always at his best at welterweight and b4 those 4, may well be a great like these 4 at middleweight but at welterweight he's arguably the best of all time.

Hagler, hearns, leonard and you can add duran who would basically smack the crap out of anyone not named Mayweather across any belt title or the additional 20 fake belts and 10 times that on organization's who give out those belts they have these days.

Boxed in the greatest era of boxing in the greatest competitive division of his era. If he fought now he'd be a god... as would he's competitors that helped make him one, much like he made them.

Boxing is not what it once was, and I don't have an issue with older watchers who will say what I watched would say one belt very few divisions.

But I'd put Marvin against anyone and back him since he retired. Roy Jones jnr at his peak would be a good fight but I can't really think of anyone else since that great 4 At middleweight. (Some may say Hopkins)

Nb: sugar ray robinson 2 me was always at his best at welterweight and b4 those 4, may well be a great like these 4 at middleweight but at welterweight he's arguably the best of all time.

Joe Calzaghe would be a good match up, but he was a super middle......anyways.

Hearns started off as a welter. I was living in Detroit at the time. He was incredible at that weight partly because he was very tall for a welter.

Hearns started off as a welter. I was living in Detroit at the time. He was incredible at that weight partly because he was very tall for a welter.
Dynamite in both hands too , it really was a great era with those guys going at.
Each had their own style which made every matchup a real contest and contrast .

Sean Lock passed away, aged 58.
A great English comedian with a sense of humour right up my alley.
That's really sad. A very funny bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shane Warne has died of a heart attack while in Thailand

Terrible news. Too young.

Once in a generation player. Even that doesn’t do him justice. Genius on the pitch and a great entertainer.

RIP Shane Keith Warne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back