News RIP Ron The Bear

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello MB folks,

Unfortunately this news hasn't made its way to the Main Board, so I think he is worthy of a thread.

Ron The Bear has passed away.

A lot of you knew him as the stats man and that he was.

But he was also a good friend to a lot of posters here.

RIP Ron The Bear.

Posted this on the Richmond board but RTB deserves main board recognition too.

RIP Ron. I don’t think I ever skipped reading one of your posts as you mostly had something worth saying. Loved the stats… you certainly answered plenty of my queries.

If there is ever a BigFooty Hall of Fame I reckon Ron The Bear should be an inaugural inductee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello MB folks,

Unfortunately this news hasn't made its way to the Main Board, so I think he is worthy of a thread.

Ron The Bear has passed away.

A lot of you knew him as the stats man and that he was.

But he was also a good friend to a lot of posters here.

RIP Ron The Bear.

Truly sorry to hear this.

He seriously contributed a huge amount and made this forum a far richer community.

Wasn't he posting 2 days ago?
I literally thought I read something from him only minutes ago in another thread.
Damn, sad to hear.

I assume he must have been a lot older than I thought for this passing to have happened.
Sorry to his family for his loss.
R.I.P. Ron

I literally thought I read something from him only minutes ago in another thread.
Damn, sad to hear.

I assume he must have been a lot older than I thought for this passing to have happened.
Sorry to his family for his loss.
R.I.P. Ron

There is a natural assumption on this forum that most members are in their 20's and 30's. I don't know how old Ron was but I do know there are members who are in their 60's and 70's and unlike Ron who we found out died many popular posters will one day just disappear and no one will actually know what happened or why they disappeared. Probably has already happened plenty of times unfortunately.

The Richmond Board has a lovely thread going. A highlight is a piece from a Port fella who moved to Melbourne and worked with Ron the Bear. Ron took him under his wing as he knew no-one and they went to the footy together.

He used to pop in to the SRP boards a bit back in the day, but lesser so in the last few years. We weren't usually on the same side politically but he was always a respectful poster. Sympathies to his family.

Rest in Peace Ron The Bear
Indeed, his social cultural political views caused reactions, which I also enjoyed I must say.

There is a natural assumption on this forum that most members are in their 20's and 30's. I don't know how old Ron was but I do know there are members who are in their 60's and 70's and unlike Ron who we found out died many popular posters will one day just disappear and no one will actually know what happened or why they disappeared. Probably has already happened plenty of times unfortunately.

Ron was in his mid-fifties

Remove this Banner Ad

Back