Universal Love RIP Russell Ebert. The greatest man!

Remove this Banner Ad

Russell-patch-header.jpg

Port Adelaide to honour the great Russell Ebert with guernsey patch

Last edited:

Im lost for words. I hope the game day experience is Ebert worthy coz this is half baked.
Edit to add - embarrassing
You reckon the AFL would have approved what we really wanted to do?

You reckon the AFL would have approved what we really wanted to do?
I spose that its just, if there ever was a time….. i was expecting the bars for this to be honest. I’d imagine the bars will be every where, on tv tributes, on the screens, in the crowd… just not on the field. s**t. Total. s**t.

Oh man that looks so cringey. Is that really the best they could come up with?

Plympton Bulldogs fund-raising committee could have conjured up something more worthy.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw it on Twitter and came straight here.

So relieved to see many with the same stance on this.

At least come out and say we wanted the bars, we pushed for the bars but AFL said no.

I guess that might take the focus of Russ though..

As a guernsey connoisseur this is ******* putrid. Zero effort. Pathetic.
this is reebok-esque trash. The guernsey market has died a lot, but auctions bring out everyone.
don’t even get me started on what the club has done to stooge regular punters for a buck. Everything is about the almighty dollar now. I miss Ben Hurst. He cared. He made the PA range. Now we have money-hungry people who don’t care. Plain and simple.
ironing on numbers and selling them as player issues. Putting training jumpers in expensive raffles. All well and good for collectors, who probably are the reason the market was flooded and the price tags were made aware of to the club, but people are spending hard earned money on trash.

nothing short of prison bar warm up tops with EBERT 7 on the back will save this for Saturday... at least they can be ironed on.

im so incredibly disgusted tbh

Below is what the 7 should have looked like, in terms of black, white panel and 7 proportions. Tell the AFL to get stuffed and that we were going to put it in the middle between the AFL and MG sign and not some pissy token effort above the MG sign.

I reckon the AFL said its gotta be like Jason McCartney's 88/202 Bali bombing recognition symbol, when Jason came back from his horrific injuries and played his only game post Bali, and he wanted to acknowledge those who had passed away.

1647960426379.png

Thanks to Power Plus for the pic from his Funeral Pics thread.

img_2626-jpg.1281491

Last edited:
As much as a grander gesture such as the prisonbars would’ve been nice, the patch is in keeping with similar recognition of legends in the NBA/NFL,

F275D0AD-9C7E-4B91-B6CD-8761698EFC83.jpeg

The Lakers went with a Kobe Bryant patch and accompanying black armband

E985A017-DD31-451A-B3E9-BBC0E34C2367.jpeg

Washington Football Team went with a 49 patch to honour franchise icon, Bobby Mitchell, etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back