News RIP Shane Tuck

Remove this Banner Ad

It doesn’t need to make sense, he/we have a disease which is real, if you haven’t been through it or have a very very close mate or family member that has then you will never understand!
My sister sent me this first pic once the news broke and once again I cried for hours, yes 33 year old grown man covered in tattoos on his hands and knees bawling how eyes out!
IMG_5535.JPG
IMG_5534.JPG IMG_5533.JPG

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It doesn’t need to make sense, he/we have a disease which is real, if you haven’t been through it or have a very very close mate or family member that has then you will never understand!
My sister sent me this first pic once the news broke and once again I cried for hours, yes 33 year old grown man covered in tattoos on his hands and knees bawling how eyes out!
View attachment 916891
View attachment 916894View attachment 916895

im listening and trying to understand, i do understand the malaise lots go thru at times with the everyday drudgery of working life,
but i dont understand the tattoo reference ?..do u mean the stigma attached that tattooed ppl must be harder and impenetrable ? cheers for expanding

Last edited:

View attachment 916891
View attachment 916894View attachment 916895

Thanks for sharing this mate. Takes a lot of courage to speak up.

but i dont understand the tattoo reference ?..do u mean the stigma attached that tattooed ppl must be harder and impenetrable ? cheers for expanding
I've heaerd tattoos called "tough stickers" sometimes. I suppose that's why Bikie gang people have lots of them on their face etc: it shows how super-tough they are.

As my mum said: "try not to judge books by the cover, you have to read the insides too!"

Lump
Never judge a book by its cover
People would say I’m the nicest happiest bloke they have ever met, little did they know I would cry myself to sleep everynight etc

The Richmond culture from that era sounds pretty toxic, unfortunately it is a lack of leadership that allows a culture like that to exist. Poor leadership fails the young players coming in to the organisation and does long term damage. I hope the emergence of better leaders like Newie and Cotch has seen improvements in the Richmond culture.

Thanks for sharing your story mate and hope you are enjoying your footy more these days. If you're ever keen for a chat i'm always available, whether you're doing OK or not!

Always rated him as a footballer, he has more ability than people gave him credit for. The side played better when he was in it, the type of guy you'd want to run out with.

Seemed like a lovely bloke as well.

This is so so sad.
I know everyone says to talk out, but I don't hear that, I just see another young father, so alone, so desperate.
And I ask myself the same question whenever something like this happens, "Will I ever be ok, or will one day I not have any hope left?"

Vale Shane Tuck

Remove this Banner Ad

Back