News RIP Shane Tuck

Remove this Banner Ad

Condolences to his family and friends. I can't begin to comprehend the depths someone is in when they take their own life so will never judge.

Hopefully he is now at peace.

That depth of depression is a terrible madness, it's like your mind is a box with no light you can't escape from. You can't think straight, logic deserts you.

RIP Shane

Shocking news. Didn't mind him as an opposition player. Honest and hard working.

RIP and condolences to his family.

Terrible to hear. Far too young.

And I mean, every news article has a link to Beyond Blue or lifeline or something. The family has requested privacy at this time.

Despite themselves linking to these organisations and reporting what the family said, this trash heap of a 'news' site runs with this as a headline:

0GZeWeS.png

Last edited:
Been on such a massive emotional high these past few days due to Leeds United Promotion to the Premier League, this news has totally deflated me..

Mental Health/Depression Issues can strike anyone, sadly Gary Speed, one of the finest LUFC players of all time, committed suicide several years ago.

Please seek help anyone who is struggling, even posters here can DM me.

I have hit very low points in my life, where I thougj5 nothing could get better, but it did and has.

Be kind to yourself and each other friends. X

Last edited:
Also with these Covid restriction funerals are limited to 10 people and terrible things to be having right now and i just said goodbye to a family member on Friday and the funeral was terrible. Cannot console each other and the chairs are all 2m apart at most and it was very unsettling even though it was a sudden but expected death which we as a family were prepared for but it did not make it easier with no offerings of emotional support in hard times.

So sad at 38yo and my heart absolutely sinks for all his family and friends in this hard time. :(

Farque. I have a funeral to attend on thursday. Was already not looking forward to it. THe restrictions are fairly trauma inducing. Its my grandfather. Mums not coping all that well, cos nobody can visit to console, and myself and my brother live outside melb. Covid blows.

But On topic, RIP to Shane. Seemed a good guy, who gave all of his talent on the field and thats all you can ask for as a supporter.

RIP Shane

it really shits me how they stick the lifeline ads at the bottom. Like they are respecting the family’s privacy but hey here ya go we will tell you anyway. They are such scum.

He wasn’t sick and he wasn’t in an accident so most people can infer what happened without the nudge nudge links at the bottom. Makes me so angry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He wasn’t sick and he wasn’t in an accident so most people can infer what happened without the nudge nudge links at the bottom. Makes me so angry
Actually he was sick, clearly.

And fwiw the reason the media report on these deaths in the manner they do is because there are guidelines they follow that are designed to prevent more suicides from happening.

RIP Shane.

Terrible to hear. Far too young.

And I mean, every news article has a link to Beyond Blue or lifeline or something. The family has requested privacy at this time.

Despite themselves linking to one of these organisations and reporting what the family said, this trash heap of a 'news' site runs with this as a headline:

0GZeWeS.png

Absolutely fxxking disgusting

I remember a player taking about him walking into a game wearing earphones without them plugged in, may have been Richo or Deledio and they asked him what he was listening to and he said nothing and when asked why he responded that he didn’t want to get anything in his ears. A good character and a good honest footballer, will be missed. Hope there is something for him at the game tonight

RIP Shane

it really shits me how they stick the lifeline ads at the bottom. Like they are respecting the family’s privacy but hey here ya go we will tell you anyway. They are such scum.

Will take the point if proven wrong but I believe this isn't done for a little news scoop but it's a generally agreed upon approach to reporting suicides.

Provide help/support services, acknowledge it's OK to have a discussion about your mental health, but also don't risk glamorising it or otherwise by explicitly discussing it.

Yes family needs to be protected but overall I think a reminder of the support services benefits society as a whole.

I remember a player taking about him walking into a game wearing earphones without them plugged in, may have been Richo or Deledio and they asked him what he was listening to and he said nothing and when asked why he responded that he didn’t want to get anything in his ears. A good character and a good honest footballer, will be missed. Hope there is something for him at the game tonight

He had ear drum issues I believe, it was actually medically important for him to prevent moisture from getting in or something along those lines. Wore padding or hearing aids or something along those lines in games.

Terribly tragic, deepest condolences to everyone who knew and loved Shane Tuck, or felt connected to him through footy.
A lot of people will be hurt and affected by his death, please reach out if you need to. You are not alone.
Look out for yourself and eachother in these really tough times especially, and use these helplines if you need to.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back