News RIP Shane Tuck

Remove this Banner Ad

RIP Shane

it really shits me how they stick the lifeline ads at the bottom. Like they are respecting the family’s privacy but hey here ya go we will tell you anyway. They are such scum.

He wasn’t sick and he wasn’t in an accident so most people can infer what happened without the nudge nudge links at the bottom. Makes me so angry

I think that’s missing the point of the message.. it’s not a way of telling people what happened it’s a message that needs to be promoted as much as possible.

Actually he was sick, clearly.

And fwiw the reason the media report on these deaths in the manner they do is because there are guidelines they follow that are designed to prevent more suicides from happening.

RIP Shane.
Ok fair enough. I meant he wasn’t sick as in he wasn’t battling cancer or something and his death was somewhat expected. If that’s the way the media has agreed to report suicides then so be it but I find it unseemly for some reason

Terrible to hear. Far too young.

And I mean, every news article has a link to Beyond Blue or lifeline or something. The family has requested privacy at this time.

Despite themselves linking to these organisations and reporting what the family said, this trash heap of a 'news' site runs with this as a headline:

0GZeWeS.png

News.com.au always go with trashy headlines designed for impact and engagement. They couldn’t care less about who it impacts.

Nothing a fierce kicking to their editor can’t fix.

Gah! Horrible news. RIP Shane Tuck, condolences to his family and those close to him.

And yeah if it is what we mostly think it is, depression is an insidious thing, can leave you in a place where you can't see a way forward, it can suck the life out of you, like nothing seems worth doing.
If you are having issues with it, get help, there's no shame in that I can tell you.

Did he suffer from concussion during his career?

He took up boxing after his career. But i believe he only had 4 fights.

Unfortunately anything could have been the trigger. I was wondering what he was up to with himself until now? I hope to god this wasn't a result of this lockdown situation. A lot of businesses are in big trouble. I have no idea if this was what lead to this, but it's horrible to know what people are going through right now.. not only with businesses failing but people locked inside, unable to visit friends and family. It's not a good time right now for mental health.

Gah! Horrible news. RIP Shane Tuck, condolences to his family and those close to him.

And yeah if it is what we mostly think it is, depression is an insidious thing, can leave you in a place where you can't see a way forward, it can suck the life out of you, like nothing seems worth doing.
If you are having issues with it, get help, there's no shame in that I can tell you.

that’s a great way of describing it. And it gets to the point where even doing things that you know will make you happy, you start to avoid them because you don’t want to deal with the comedown after it is over.

He took up boxing after his career. But i believe he only had 4 fights.

Unfortunately anything could have been the trigger. I was wondering what he was up to with himself until now? I hope to god this wasn't a result of this lockdown situation. A lot of businesses are in big trouble. I have no idea if this was what lead to this, but it's horrible to know what people are going through right now.. not only with businesses failing but people locked inside, unable to visit friends and family. It's not a good time right now for mental health.

Yea, but if he had a lot of concussions plus did boxing plus covid troubles it's a very dangerous combination.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well when i was suffering at an all time low a few years back, the medicos told me that all you need is for a deepshit mental demon to rare its head and if you have 2 minutes of anguish then you could suicide without thinking logically in that 2 minutes.It is a fooker

Yea, but if he had a lot of concussions plus did boxing plus covid troubles it's a very dangerous combination.

Yes, definitely.

It's really important for people to be there for each other now. I often just ask mates if they are ok, how things are going, how they are coping, etc. Covid is a dangerous disease and a killer, but the unfortunate other side of the coin is the mental impact on people with what is going on economically and socially. Like you said man, it's a bad combination out there right now. Look out for your mates, guys.

That depth of depression is a terrible madness, it's like your mind is a box with no light you can't escape from. You can't think straight, logic deserts you.

RIP Shane

Everything you've said about depression is true. But I also wonder what the contribution of having been a professional boxer might have had in all this. Depression, suicide and CTE have sadly become an all too common combination.

Always had huge respect for him on the field, always ran and went hard and you can’t ask much more than that.
Worked with a member of his family a decade ago and had met Michael, just genuine people the bunch of them 😞

Horrible News.

I remember when he got delisted by the Hwwks and went to SA , the games were replayed late on Monday night here and he was just a ball magnet and dominated , was happy for him when he got another chance and then made the most of it. Tuck family been through a lot, I hope luck can turn around for them.

I believe he had been battling mental demons for a very long time. As early as 2008, there were reports of such issues.
Whether concussions did play a part, only the medical experts could tell of that.

Very sad. So much life in front of him.
As others have said already, anyone suffering from mental health issues, reach out immediately because your certainly not alone and deserve the help available.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back