RIP Tom Petty

Remove this Banner Ad

The world has lost a true music legend. Tom above all loved all the music that came before him and melded many of his influences into a sound that was both familiar and refreshing that had an impact when he found an audience with the Heartbreakers in the later 70s. We saw and heard his transformation from a driven and rebellious teen to the a wise and world weary uncle who was embraced by multiple generations and never lost his songwriting performance or musicianship. Consistent recordings of quality music from start until the end now jamming with all his dearly departed musical buddies. Rock on Tom.

Terrible loss to music. Stood shoulder to shoulder with Americas great rock artists. Highly respected by his peers and hugely influential for a generation of US rockers. The saddest part for his millions of fans is that he was still a force to be reckoned with both in the studio and on the road. His exceptional catalogue of music will live on for ever but I can't help but feel he had a lot more interesting stuff to come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One aspect that is sometimes overlooked is how he could sing just like bo didley then sing just like buddy holly or Roger McGuinn. Celebrating the fantastic covers that tom and heartbreakers did. I'll post a few of my faves

Remove this Banner Ad

Back