RIP Troy Clarke

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, I am speechless, I have only just been told. This was indeed very sudden.

I have been involved with Troy in various forms for the past 10 years on the Gold Coast and have always thought him to be a football person like no other, he just loves footy.

http://www.aflq.com.au/index.php?id=251

This is a stark reminder on how we must live every day for the best, you just never know what is going to happen.

Troy will be sorely missed by the football community, and I am thinking of his family during this difficult time.

One of the good guys. Born in Julia Creek and went on to play AFL at the highest level. Came from a great family. My thoughts are with them. RIP Troy

Sad news indeed

What happened to him?
Collapsed at a service station if what I have been told is correct.

No warnings apparently.

Sad news. Even though he was a Bears player and I was following Fitzroy I remember him well. Genuine, courageous, hard working. An earlier version of Shaun Hart. Condolences to his family.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robert Walls once wrote an article(I couldn't find it online)about when he was coaching the Bears. He was driving to training one afternoon and the rain was so heavy he could hardly see where he was going. Suddenly up ahead he saw a guy jogging along the side of the road. He thought to himself that the bloke was a bit keen going out for a jog in this weather. When he got closer he saw it was Troy who used to jog to the ground before completing training with the rest of the team. Such was the level of his dedication. If not for three knee reconstructions he would played a lot more games. More than that he was a gentleman and always pleased to see you. A real trail blazer for Queensland born country kids to make it to the very top AFL.

So young, and so terribly sad..

....obviously a genuinely well liked guy judging by the tributes for him from several AFL players on their twitters, both QLD clubs and the media articles of his death..

R.I.P Troy and sympathy to his family.

Legend. As a footballer trenacious is the word I would use to describe him. As a contributor tpo footy, outstanding. As a bloke, priceless. Heartfelts to all the family. Must be a beacon to his kids to realise how universally liked, and admired their Dad was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back