HulkSmash

Just a bit outside...
Jan 7, 2020
Rent-free in your head
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NK, NUJ, SK, ST, NSWW, NSWP, MUFC
I have a tinker from time to time with Photoshop and Paint.NET for work to brush up on my skills and decided to create a concept involving the return of the founding franchise of the NBL, the Newcastle Falcons.

This is going to be an ongoing work in progress, so you know, all the usual palaver about stuff not being perfect, giving me your thoughts, comments, suggestions, feedback, yada yada yada.

First the logo - yes, I used an existing vector image and recoloured it. And the font won't match up the uniform but I did that on purpose as you'll see. I made the team colours blue and green (Newcastle city colours), red and gold (acknowledging the Knights and Jets - these will feature in a third and forth jersey).
Falcons 2020 concept logo.png

Home uniform - went with the traditional green, with blue stripes at the sides and white collar. The team name is cursive and tilted, similar to the original Falcons uniforms in 1979-early 80s. And yes, the jersey colours don't match up with the logo - I intend to revise this. I also added a sublimated logo to the front and back.
Falcons 2020 concept green.png

Away jersey - nearly the inverse of home.
Falcons 2020 concept white.png
Home court - I have to admit, I don't like how the NBL plasters the courts in its own sponsors. If I owned a club, I'd be asking for a little bit of leeway to meet my sponsors needs. So, I decided to put the league's markings in the free throw areas and give the court a 90s aesthetic. That is, sponsors everywhere and a great big team logo in the middle. Also put in a nod to the fact that the Newcastle club were the founding fathers of the league. And decided that either the Entertainment Centre got a new corporate name or they moved to a new stadium.

falcons 2020 concept.png

Great to see someone else thinking of the return of a club to the NBL. I thought about reposting my Melbourne Tigers uniform and logo again here.
vbu7iej.jpg

Also I did a court for the Tigers as well.
DitDVpd.jpg

Have you given your designs to anyone from a group that aims to return the club to the NBL. I have given mine to the Tigers.

Great to see someone else thinking of the return of a club to the NBL. I thought about reposting my Melbourne Tigers uniform and logo again here.
vbu7iej.jpg

Also I did a court for the Tigers as well.
DitDVpd.jpg

Have you given your designs to anyone from a group that aims to return the club to the NBL. I have given mine to the Tigers.

If the Tigers were to ever return I would love them to drop the overused red on their homes and just go with a bright yellow similar to Richmond Tigers yellow.
Maybe use red in a heritage uniform?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back