Multiplat Rise of the Tomb Raider

Remove this Banner Ad

$79 lol, you can get it for under $30 on xbox

It has all the DLC, including the new stuff not out on Xbox yet. and hopefully wont have the terrible input lag Xbox One version had, but somehow the 360 didnt.

new triple As are almost always $79.

Where? Full price for nearly all AAA's is $99 RRP. Just because places like Target and Big W sell them cheaper, doesn't change the RRP. The Targets and Big W's will be undercutting Tomb Raider as well no doubt.

This is a game with everything that was in the $40 XBone season pass included for $89 RRP. $10 less than a normal AAA game's RRP.

Where? Full price for nearly all AAA's is $99 RRP. Just because places like Target and Big W sell them cheaper, doesn't change the RRP. The Targets and Big W's will be undercutting Tomb Raider as well no doubt.

This is a game with everything that was in the $40 XBone season pass included for $89 RRP. $10 less than a normal AAA game's RRP.

And has already been out for a year.

Re: price, I just don't think in those terms anymore I guess. Honestly don't think I've ever paid more than $79 for a game, and I would buy 5-10 triple As day 1 in any given year. Maybe I'm just lucky? My JB always has them for $79, and sometimes yeah even cheaper at BigW and Target as you say.

I suppose technically you're right, seems like the market has spoken though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RRP is only a recommendation of a sell price. The market today in it's majority would have a new game sold at $79-89, EB are just campaigners.

I grabbed it from JB for $29 a week ago, figured it's much better value getting it for that price at JB on Xbone than at the higher price on PS4 when there's not really much incentive to pay another $60, just need to find time to play it now!

I grabbed it from JB for $29 a week ago, figured it's much better value getting it for that price at JB on Xbone than at the higher price on PS4 when there's not really much incentive to pay another $60, just need to find time to play it now!

Have you played all the DLC stuff?

Played a few hours last night, it looks great. Uncharted still has it covered in pretty much every way though.

The crafting they introduce in the game was nice. i picked it up again yesterday but havent had time to play it again.

The crafting they introduce in the game was nice. i picked it up again yesterday but havent had time to play it again.
Yeah that does give it a little something extra, scavenging for sticks and s**t so that you can craft better stuff.

Yeah that does give it a little something extra, scavenging for sticks and s**t so that you can craft better stuff.
Like, actual s**t?

I forgot how bad the script for the game was. just poor writing that wouldnt even make a bad Aussie tv show. and Lara's internal monologue is always spoken.

Only played an hour or so but not literally, no. Although you do kill and "loot" animals so maybe?

Crafting gets better later when you learn how to make special arrows/ammo and make bombs. but can suck when you need to search for a special animal to skin so you can upgrade something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back