Rising Star 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Few cameos probably.
Don't think he'll spend more than 10% of his minutes there, especially early on.

I really don't think he's going to have the strength and fitness to have more than a token run through the middle next year, and even then, he'll probably play more on the outside as a receiver.

Given too that playing as a small forward is one of the least fruitful roles in a poor side, particularly for young guys, IMO it's hard to see Rankine really having the big year people expect TBH.

I really don't think he's going to have the strength and fitness to have more than a token run through the middle next year, and even then, he'll probably play more on the outside as a receiver.

Given too that playing as a small forward is one of the least fruitful roles in a poor side, particularly for young guys, IMO it's hard to see Rankine really having the big year people expect TBH.
I think he can match Stephenson's / game averages from his rookie year + a few highlight plays. Just don't Rankine him playing >20 games.

I saw him kick a set shot with the man on the mark at 53m and it went 5m over the line in pre-season last year. The guy is seriously talented.

If Rowell plays well in his first few games it will be sewn up

From my club - Bailey Scott got a nomination in Rd1 last year, then had a rotten run with injury. Is in full training and has put on some size. Has an important media lover in Gerard Healy too who was claiming him as his self-identified "Steal Of The Draft" early last year. If he plays well in the pre-season games and gets named Rd1, could be some value there.

Rowell because Gold Coast are ordinary and he will start as a midfielder from the get-go, and probably be their best midfielder. Caldwell and Hately could be worth specking if they were to get in the midfield rotation early. Caldwell is the type of player who could win this award.

Because of his performances at underage level? He was clearly a level above.

He was still taken 2 picks ahead of him despite only playing 1 game that year.

But means nothing I suppose, let's see how he goes at AFL level.
B King clearly passed suns expectations.
Video of Dew telling his parents they were wanting to play him 8-9 games this year. In the pre season he looked so out of his depth. Improved massively in season. I don't think Max will be better than Ben in round 1, mainly due to the experience difference so far, but who knows how their games progress during the year.

Max King is a contender
Rankine as well

The thing about the rising star award is that players from bottom sides tend to win it.

This is because:
  1. They get to play every game
  2. They stand out more
Love it when people embarass themselves by thinking they've posted something enlightening when it's wrong
6 of the last 10 winners played in the finals haha

B King clearly passed suns expectations.
Video of Dew telling his parents they were wanting to play him 8-9 games this year. In the pre season he looked so out of his depth. Improved massively in season. I don't think Max will be better than Ben in round 1, mainly due to the experience difference so far, but who knows how their games progress during the year.

Ben's development bodes well for Max I suppose given they are twins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t realise Caldwell was eligible, but he’d be a great choice and I think he will match Taranto’s second year output.

Deven Robertson would be a decent value too. Will likely be high production ala Rhys Palmer from the get go.

Are there any agencies that have bets for placings? I can think of plenty who could possibly place, but maybe not win the award. I think it would be a fairly popular market for punters.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm going to be that person and say that of those not listed Jarrod Cameron is a real smokey. Already demonstrated he belongs and an immediate vacancy in our forward line for a small forward thanks to Willie thinking Gatorade is an acceptable substitute for urine analysis.

Of those listed, someone more 'AFL ready' like Robertson could win but Brisbane look to have a set first 22 next year, difficult to see where he slots in unless a Brisbane fan can enlighten me.
Jarrod Cameron? Come on. He’s absolutely no chance. If he didn’t play for WCE, he wouldn’t even cross your mind. Talented, but extremely raw and goes missing too often.

Are there any agencies that have bets for placings? I can think of plenty who could possibly place, but maybe not win the award. I think it would be a fairly popular market for punters.

sportsbet have previously odds for nominations.
I put a fair bit of money on Luke Dustan getting nominated (@1.30) as part of a multi a few years back, he got nominated round 1!

not sure about placings.

Can anyone explain why Bonar isn’t in any of the Rising star markets that I have seen? He is 20 and only played 6 games.
The markets don’t have every player, but he seems like a better chance than a lot of the raw 18 year olds listed.

Can anyone explain why Bonar isn’t in any of the Rising star markets that I have seen? He is 20 and only played 6 games.
The markets don’t have every player, but he seems like a better chance than a lot of the raw 18 year olds listed.

Just call up sports bet or whoever and ask for a price - they will provide one for you. Just because he's not listed doesn't mean they will give you equal to the longest odds on their market though.

Im thinking a player from a previous draft would have more a chance this year like

Jack Ross
Liam Stocker
Jack Bytel
Ely Smith
Connor Mcfadyen

they will have another pre season in them and will get games specially stocker

Im thinking a player from a previous draft would have more a chance this year like

Jack Ross
Liam Stocker
Jack Bytel
Ely Smith
Connor Mcfadyen

they will have another pre season in them and will get games specially stocker
Brandon Starcevich more likely from Brisbane only played 6 games turns 21 in June massive chance to get more games than Smith or McFadyen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back