Rising Star 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

The wily weagle

Club Legend
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
I cant help but chuckle at the people in the media who said earlier in the year that Rowell should be given the award after blistering early form before injury.

If that's the case, they ought to be pushing for Michael Barlow to be retrospectively awarded the Brownlow for the form he displayed before he broke his leg

Harro59

All Australian
May 14, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I didn't see the pies game so it's hard d to comment on the game, but I thought Tom Green was very good against the Dees and obviously Scholl for the crows had a good one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BACCS

BigFooty Juggernaut
May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Gary Putland, Redbacks, Oz Cricket
Collingwood fans, how does this flog have a job as ‘digital content producer’ at your club? Attacks Tex when two other team mates, Boak, Mitch Robinson and a few media people also Tweeted in support. I don’t understand how genuinely good media people are losing jobs and this guy can troll on social media while still in his role, completely unprofessional.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mavs13

Debutant
Mar 31, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
If the award is about body of work then what is the point in having any nominations until after the first month of the season? How does someone get nominated off a body of work in round one?
How do you think they pick the All Australian team? How many players have been chosen after 1 good year. Most are chooses after they have 2-3 good years.

Bye the way....I think Tex and his teammates need to go on a camp to get over the disappointment.

BACCS

BigFooty Juggernaut
May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Gary Putland, Redbacks, Oz Cricket
How do you think they pick the All Australian team? How many players have been chosen after 1 good year. Most are chooses after they have 2-3 good years.

Bye the way....I think Tex and his teammates need to go on a camp to get over the disappointment.
Haha, revert to a classic camp jibe because you can’t come up with anything else. What should Boak, Robinson, Tredrea and other media people do to help with their disappointment?

GoalSneak38

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Haha, revert to a classic camp jibe because you can’t come up with anything else. What should Boak, Robinson, Tredrea and other media people do to help with their disappointment?
Mate it's ok it's just an award. I recall a player a couple of years back kicked 4 goals and didn't get a nomination because they like consistency.
If you want to know how serious the award is do a search on Lewis Taylor and David King. Just a heads up King thought Taylor was the Rising Star ahead of the Bont. It's a funny read. As I said don't worry about. Look where the Bont and Taylor are now

nahnah

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Collingwood fans, how does this flog have a job as ‘digital content producer’ at your club? Attacks Tex when two other team mates, Boak, Mitch Robinson and a few media people also Tweeted in support. I don’t understand how genuinely good media people are losing jobs and this guy can troll on social media while still in his role, completely unprofessional.
because Tex is a flog and went over the top with it

Top Bottom