Rising Star 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
Robert Walls chose Rhys Palmer over Cyril. To this day defends his choice.

Ridiculous. He is better on his off foot than the 90% of the team on their main.

You Hawks need to get over that. Just because Cyril went on to have the better career doesn't make Palmer in 08 an undeserving winner.

Nov 8, 2000
South of the river
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
Cyril's first year highlights is better than 90% of players entire careers.

Palmer is and always was a good to reasonably good player.

Irrespective of the player he became, Palmer had a sensational rookie year. He then did his knee in round 5 of the next season and was never the same since.

Irrespective of the player he became, Palmer had a sensational rookie year. He then did his knee in round 5 of the next season and was never the same since.
He had 1 good year for us as well. (and was very serviceable in the rest of his time with us)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

falcons2

All Australian
Feb 19, 2009
Melbourne OuterEast
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not sure how many games you have to play to win it, but I'm calling 10 games making it a small field. Anderson by a mile. Consistently in the top RS all year. 1st is a common sight on RS statistical rankings (14 of 39). Serong clear second. Again consistently good once he got going. (5 of 39) Third is out of King and Day. I think the forward wins. 19 goals in a year so stingy on goals is a great effort. Day for class and poise in a poorly performing team. For 5th I'm going Starcevich. Held his spot in a top performing defense. Rankine misses out. Not sure about him. Certainly got highlights but some serious flaws in his game. Pickett and Buderick solid but no votes.
Looking at the 17 nominees so far, they look like a pretty strong bunch, only so many have played less than 10 games. Rowell, Green, Taylor, Georgiades, Quaynor, Riccardi, Jackson and others all shown a bit.

Sep 4, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
You dont think the judges watch highlight packages for each of the players?

Or do you think they all watch all 200 games each year.

Depends if they're s**t Vic local journo's who think they're national mega-stars who don't even know how to spell Longmuir I guess.

Either way are you suggesting the mix tape method of choosing anything is a good idea? It's why the Draft & Trade board is always a meltfest after the draft because the cool guy that someone watched a 5 min highlight clip of wasn't picked by their team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back