Rising Star 2020

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
He did play 16 Games as a KPF two more than Serong not too wild a whisper, but the people who said it are not on the voting panel.
Yeah I'm just stunned that the whispers weren't validated. They sounded super credible and impressive when you mentioned them.

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
wait your saying some of the whispers you heard were back in March?
Yes back in March Jarryd Roughead had become a forward coach with St Kilda and was interviewed and asked who excited him, he was high in his praise of young Max King.

Second one was on Footy Classified when Matthew Lloyd was asked about the King brothers because he was in the footy program at their college, he said Max King was the better forward and Ben King was actually playing back until Max King wrecked his knee.

Third was Daisy Pearce on the football coverage who was asked who she thought would win the Rising Star she said Max King, only then did i put the three things i had heard both Footy Classified and Daisy Pearce were on in the background and i was in another room so only heard the voices and did not see the pictures.

I apologize for my terminology (whispers) as it was not meant to mean what Sweet Jesus has implied, but it is not the first or last time what i said has got me in trouble on bigfooty.

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yes back in March Jarryd Roughead had become a forward coach with St Kilda and was interviewed and asked who excited him, he was high in his praise of young Max King.

Second one was on Footy Classified when Matthew Lloyd was asked about the King brothers because he was in the footy program at their college, he said Max King was the better forward and Ben King was actually playing back until Max King wrecked his knee.

Third was Daisy Pearce on the football coverage who was asked who she thought would win the Rising Star she said Max King, only then did i put the three things i had heard both Footy Classified and Daisy Pearce were on in the background and i was in another room so only heard the voices and did not see the pictures.

I apologize for my terminology (whispers) as it was not meant to mean what Sweet Jesus has implied, but it is not the first or last time what i said has got me in trouble on bigfooty.
Geez you're easy to convince. Daisy Pearce hey?

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Geez you're easy to convince. Daisy Pearce hey?
When she said it my mind went back to what i had heard earlier in the year (Not Rising Star Related) and Max King playing 16 Games did kind of make sense on the Bulldogs site we have a time capsule every year that is locked until after the finals and i think i had Caleb Serong last year i had Jordan Ridley so i am no sage, but he did have a great year this year.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast

Who among us wouldn't be convinced by these whispers? Especially the ones from before the season. There's nothing more compelling than a prediction made in March.

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Interesting comments from G. Lyon on SEN this morning.

He too was in the Rowell camp for the Rising Star, and they were discussing whether or not the selectors colluded before voting and deemed him ineligible.

There is no way known that of 10 different voters, none had the same opinion as G. Lyon and R. Lyon amongst others, who stated Rowell deserved the 2020 Rising Star.

Chairman of the selection panel, Gil himself, is at it again....

Interesting comments from G. Lyon on SEN this morning.

He too was in the Rowell camp for the Rising Star, and they were discussing whether or not the selectors colluded before voting and deemed him ineligible.

There is no way known that of 10 different voters, none had the same opinion as G. Lyon and R. Lyon amongst others, who stated Rowell deserved the 2020 Rising Star.

Chairman of the selection panel, Gil himself, is at it again....
Okay, Mr. Rowell. We get it. Please get over it, lord knows everyone else will in a month or two.

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
People may not like this and fair enough if you don't, but in my opinion Matt Rowell should have scored between 10 to 20 votes in this years award. For him to miss out and not vote at all is a disgrace when you consider the quality of four of his five games. Come Brownlow night i don't think too many people would be surprised to see him assume a handy lead early in the year before his unfortunate injury.

5: Caleb Serong
4: Max King
3: Noah Anderson
2: Matt Rowell
1: Will Day

I feel they should have acknowledged Matt Rowell and he is still eligible for next year even though some bookmakers paid out for this year.

Back