Rising Star 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

People may not like this and fair enough if you don't, but in my opinion Matt Rowell should have scored between 10 to 20 votes in this years award. For him to miss out and not vote at all is a disgrace when you consider the quality of four of his five games. Come Brownlow night i don't think too many people would be surprised to see him assume a handy lead early in the year before his unfortunate injury.

5: Caleb Serong
4: Max King
3: Noah Anderson
2: Matt Rowell
1: Will Day

I feel they should have acknowledged Matt Rowell and he is still eligible for next year even though some bookmakers paid out for this year.
Yep, agree with you.

There is no way known that of the 10 judges, none had the same opinion as Ross and Gary Lyon than Rowell was the Rising Star, and none had the same opinion as you that whilst others had greater 'bodies of work', he was worthy of a vote or two.

It just wreaks of collusion - the Chairman of the selection committee clearly gave the directive that Rowell should be considered ineligible.

It would have been very interesting to see the result in the absence of any collusion.

Yep, agree with you.

There is no way known that of the 10 judges, none had the same opinion as Ross and Gary Lyon than Rowell was the Rising Star, and none had the same opinion as you that whilst others had greater 'bodies of work', he was worthy of a vote or two.

It just wreaks of collusion - the Chairman of the selection committee clearly gave the directive that Rowell should be considered ineligible.

It would have been very interesting to see the result in the absence of any collusion.
We get it, you're upset your son didn't win. It's okay, he can still win next year.

Apologies for wanting some integrity and transparency in a professional sporting organisation.
Lol name one professional sporting organisation that has integrity and transparency.

Anyone got the Brownlow votes for the Rising Star eligible players?

Rowell polled more votes than Serong, to cut a long story short. Still didn't win the RS.

I'm terribly sorry mate but that's a fact you just need to deal with. Another 50 posts of wailing and gnashing teeth won't change that

Maybe we should reframe the question and ask 'from the 2020 Rising Star eligible players, who are you most excited about watching going into 2021?'

My list as follows:

1. M. Rowell - was 3rd fave for the Brownlow after his first four games. Will he contend for the Brownlow and can he carry Gold Coast into the finals for the first time in the club's history?

2. Max King - He'll continue to improve as St. Kilda continue their improvement, and will likely be the best forward in the comp at some stage in his career. How much of that improvement will we see next year?

3. Isaac Quaynor - Undoubtedly Collingwood bias, but he is a beautiful mover and ball user and added so much to our backline this year. The kid can play.

They're really the only 3 on my radar for 2021.

Maybe we should reframe the question and ask 'from the 2020 Rising Star eligible players, who are you most excited about watching going into 2021?'

My list as follows:

1. M. Rowell - was 3rd fave for the Brownlow after his first four games. Will he contend for the Brownlow and can he carry Gold Coast into the finals for the first time in the club's history?

2. Max King - He'll continue to improve as St. Kilda continue their improvement, and will likely be the best forward in the comp at some stage in his career. How much of that improvement will we see next year?

3. Isaac Quaynor - Undoubtedly Collingwood bias, but he is a beautiful mover and ball user and added so much to our backline this year. The kid can play.

Rankine, the Giants trio of Green, Ash and Riccardi, Hayden Young and the smoky I quite like Jackson Sharp

Rankine, the Giants trio of Green, Ash and Riccardi, Hayden Young and the smoky I quite like Jackson Sharp
Sorry, you're right.

Definitely Rankine and to a lesser extent Riccardi.

That rounds out my top 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My list as follows:

You can keep shifting the goal posts all you like, not really relevant though.

Would be, if it wasn't fact...
Michael Barlow would like a word.

Would be, if it wasn't fact...

Leigh Matthews never got the most Brownlow votes.

Matt Rowell already ahead.

Leigh Matthews never got the most Brownlow votes.

Matt Rowell already ahead.
Big call to be nominating him as the GOAT already.

I wouldn't go that far but you're entitled to your opinion. 👍

Michael Barlow would like a word.
Um, if you look closely you'll notice there is a reference to 2020...

Rowells body clearly not up to the rigors of AFL. We done to the raging bull, Caleb Serong. Tough, dependable, durable, winner.:handfist:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back