Player Watch Rising Star 2022 Discussion

Who wins the 2022 Rising Star?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How to say you've never watch The Duke play with out saying you never seen him play. ^
I’ve seen him. You guys will soon realise Newcombe is a really good player, but once Daicos hits the midfield he will be giving the Brownlow medal a shake within 4 years and will win plenty of awards once his career is over. Just on another level. If you watch him closely, you’ll learn soon enough.

Agreed. Daicos wont be tackled until he is 38 or 39 and in his final year at Collingwood.

Of course, his entire career was as a stat accumulating half back flanker, but still. WOW !
He’ll be in the middle next year and you will be able to admire his skill.

What about Cripps ? Burton and Doedee were not so much robbed as unlucky.
The ratings gap wasn’t as large. Only reason I didn’t mention it.

Hogan kicked 44 that year, pretty hard to go past, I’d imagine it’s the highest ever goal tally by a rising star
Second. Sav Rocca kicked 73 in 93 (first year it was awarded)

Jesus, we won’t see those days anymore lol
Yeah. FWIW, those two and Ben McKinley are the only Rising Stars who've kicked 40+ goals ever

Second. Sav Rocca kicked 73 in 93 (first year it was awarded)

Its easy to forget these days how good a player Sav was in his day. Not sure if Pies fans do either. Think he was underrated in hindsight really

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its easy to forget these days how good a player Sav was in his day. Not sure if Pies fans do either. Think he was underrated in hindsight really
He kicked about 4 goals/game against Essendon so I definitely agree...

Newcombe, De Koning, Rachele and Martin are having far more influence than many other high profile draftees. I think they're the clear standouts so far

Top 3 right now would be

1. Newcombe
2. Martin
3. SDK

HM Daicos, Gibcus and Chapman

Hard to honestly make a case for De Koning ahead of Daicos at this stage (admittedly ND has had a fairly average month or so of footy)

I think Bowey probably ahead of Chapman in the HM dept too.

Hard to honestly make a case for De Koning ahead of Daicos at this stage (admittedly ND has had a fairly average month or so of footy)

I think Bowey probably ahead of Chapman in the HM dept too.
Another mids award. SDK is holding down a far tougher position than Daicos, Newcombe or Rachele. Won't be anything more than a late token nomination though.

Another mids award. SDK is holding down a far tougher position than Daicos, Newcombe or Rachele. Won't be anything more than a late token nomination though.
How to say you have never watched Jai Newcombe footy without saying you have never watched Jai Newcombe footy

Not sure I'd consider Luke Jackson a midfielder. Would you?

Back