• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Feel like Durham, Wanganeen-Milera and Soligo are the three that have been consistent if there aren't any more huge games.
Windhager is one to watch as the saints play better football.

Durham is a bit workhorse (reminds me a bit of early newcombe but as a winger) but reckon he flies under the radar.

Soligo has been really good.
As has curtis (if hes eligible). Got unlucky when he kicked 3 in their 2nd win....bloody jamarra decides to arrive same week.

Windhager is one to watch as the saints play better football.

Durham is a bit workhorse (reminds me a bit of early newcombe but as a winger) but reckon he flies under the radar.

Soligo has been really good.
As has curtis (if hes eligible). Got unlucky when he kicked 3 in their 2nd win....bloody jamarra decides to arrive same week.
Curtis was the week that Ward had 33 disposals, not the week Jamarra kicked 5

Ricketz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2011
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong
Daicos will win it, and so he should, but geeze SDK is something special.
Arguably easier to hold down KPD in a top team. Geelong concede the least inside 50's by a long way. He gets a lot more protection up the ground than most teams. Hardest part is getting into a top team
Sorry, but this is a silly argument.

If that were the case then SDK's defensive stats wouldn't read:

Intercept marks - 3.1 per game (elite)
Intercept possessions - 7.1 (above average)
Spoils - 5.8 (above average)
1 on 1 wins - 3.5 (above average)
Contested possessions - 5.6 (above average)
Contested possession rate - 44.9 (above average)
Ground ball gets - 3.2 (above average)

He sure does find and win a lot of his own ball regardless. And if he wasn't winning it his opponent would be. He is ranked 11th out of all KPD players in the competition, a remarkable feat for a young and inexperienced KPP anywhere on the field.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Daicos will win it, and so he should, but geeze SDK is something special.

Sorry, but this is a silly argument.

If that were the case then SDK's defensive stats wouldn't read:

Intercept marks - 3.1 per game (elite)
Intercept possessions - 7.1 (above average)
Spoils - 5.8 (above average)
1 on 1 wins - 3.5 (above average)
Contested possessions - 5.6 (above average)
Contested possession rate - 44.9 (above average)
Ground ball gets - 3.2 (above average)

He sure does find and win a lot of his own ball regardless. And if he wasn't winning it his opponent would be. He is ranked 11th out of all KPD players in the competition, a remarkable feat for a young and inexperienced KPP anywhere on the field.
1on1 wins? I always saw that as how many 1on1s you attend each game.

Also you forgot to add defensive loss % which is the most important, his is 25.4% which is pretty good. (Shows how often he directly gets outmarked or loses a contest.)

Also the point behind his job being easier at Geelong as a KPD is the fact that if you’re in the best team where your midfield is pressuring and the ball coming inside 50’is then affected in that it is likely to go higher and that makes it easier for a defender, but also the amount of inside 50s the team concedes in comparison to another team that is worse. But also getting help from intercepting and other defenders who float across through team defense, which Geelong is good at.

So less ball coming in, more pressure and the ball use is worse, more help from other defenders.

In comparison to a poor or worse side.

DeKoning $21
Newcombe $41

Says it all.
I agree. Both players present incredible value given Daicos has proven to be susceptible to being antagonised into actions that could potentially lead to suspension and subsequent disqualification from the award.

I agree. Both players present incredible value given Daicos has proven to be susceptible to being antagonised into actions that could potentially lead to suspension and subsequent disqualification from the award.
It's aimed more at the poster who has spent the best part of a year in this thread and whose mental health relies on Newcombe finishing in the top 2.

He's in for a shock.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
1on1 wins? I always saw that as how many 1on1s you attend each game.

Also you forgot to add defensive loss % which is the most important, his is 25.4% which is pretty good. (Shows how often he directly gets outmarked or loses a contest.)

Also the point behind his job being easier at Geelong as a KPD is the fact that if you’re in the best team where your midfield is pressuring and the ball coming inside 50’is then affected in that it is likely to go higher and that makes it easier for a defender, but also the amount of inside 50s the team concedes in comparison to another team that is worse. But also getting help from intercepting and other defenders who float across through team defense, which Geelong is good at.

So less ball coming in, more pressure and the ball use is worse, more help from other defenders.

In comparison to a poor or worse side.

After reading how great the Hawthorn players were all summer you must be stoked they have made it to 13th on the ladder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Think it was you I was speaking to in a Game Day thread a few weeks back about this kid. He's a freak.
Don't think it was me, I just wanted to break up the geelong V hawks dick swinging contest that this thread always seems to be.

Very promising start to his career though. Should've been playing a couple of months ago.

It's aimed more at the poster who has spent the best part of a year in this thread and whose mental health relies on Newcombe finishing in the top 2.

He's in for a shock.
I would expect that anyone who's been posting religiously in this thread has money riding on the outcome. And anyone who's been posting about Newcombe all year has probably got on him during the pre-season at those odds. They should've just cashed out for a tidy profit when he hit sub $4 odds and the media started the GOAT first year season campaign for Daicos.

BringFevBack2021

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
The irony of a Collingwood fan calling someone else a nuffie 🤦🏻‍♂️

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Lol the number one reason I didn't get a membership next to my best mate in Primary School and his family was because there was a group of absolute nuffy, rough as guts scumbag Carlton supporters that would've been seated next to me. Nuffies from every supporter base.

Another year, another Hawks nuffie bitter that another team's youngster is playing better.

What's Burton up to these days anyway?
Why would you conclude that I'm bitter for pointing out a fact? The media literally did start a campaign that he was having the GOAT first year season. I didn't question the merit of them doing so.

Anyway, what are you going to spend your Daicos Rising Star winnings on? I reckon roll it over into Pies for flag. Pies don't know how to lose at this point and will have the mental edge in a close game.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn

He's in for a shock.
Mate you’re picking a s**t time to show it.
He just came off 30 (15 contested 9 clearances) & 2 goals and then 21 & 2 goals while being tagged.

Like my god..

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Why would you conclude that I'm bitter for pointing out a fact? The media literally did start a campaign that he was having the GOAT first year season. I didn't question the merit of them doing so.

Anyway, what are you going to spend your Daicos Rising Star winnings on? I reckon roll it over into Pies for flag. Pies don't know how to lose at this point and will have the mental edge in a close game.
Nah they love to choke when it matters, and the close games will get to them at a point. Although they’ve been very good to this point and proven myself and many others wrong.

Mate you’re picking a s**t time to show it.
He just came off 30 (15 contested 9 clearances) & 2 goals and then 21 & 2 goals while being tagged.

Like my god..
Ah I'm not dismissing Newcombes qualities so cease the insecurity.

SDK will finish 2nd in the rising star and so he should.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ah I'm not dismissing Newcombes qualities so cease the insecurity.

SDK will finish 2nd in the rising star and so he should.
And I’m not trying to diminish SDK either, giving context isn’t diminishing unless you make it. Newcombe will finish 2nd and so he bloody should.

Back